“Our favorite spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roosevelt Room

Roosevelt Room
345 S Shore Rd, Lake Quinault Lodge, 345 South Shore Road (PO Box 7), Quinault, WA 98575
+1 360-288-2900
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Quinault
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In the fall of 1937, President Franklin D. Roosevelt visited Lake Quinault Lodge during a fact-finding trip and enjoyed lunch in the later-named Roosevelt Dining Room. Nine months later, Roosevelt signed a bill creating Olympic National Park. Today you'll enjoy outstanding cuisine in the Roosevelt Dining Room, one of our famous Olympic Peninsula Restaurants, as well as panoramic views of the Lake and the mountains beyond.
La Jolla, California
“Our favorite spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We enjoyed eating here the whole trip. Food was excelleent and there were several options. Prices weren't bad. Checked out mercantile across street and decided the ambiance here was way better for price.

Visited August 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Reservations are a joke and food is bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I made dinner reservations a month in advance. When we arrived at exactly the appointed time, all the prime window seats were taken and they placed us crowded up against a dark wall. We complaiined and were told the window seats were 'first come, first served'. They did not seem to grasp that we had made a reservation. Tables had plastic tops, no linen. The crab cakes were inedible. Additionally, none of the staff at the restaurant or the hotel seemed to care much about customer service or how they presented this lovely old property to the public. It had the look and feel of a place run by local summer help with no managemet on the premises.

Visited August 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at the wonderful lodge and had dinner here. Sadly they cram too many tables into the room for a relaxed experience. Food OK but not well presented. Risotto good, salmon huddled in a bowl with vegetables. Friendly service. Better to go down road to Salmon House, much more relaxed and better food and value.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Consistently good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at Lake Quinault Lodge on the last night of my OP vacation. Because the food at the local cafe looked less than appealing, the Roosevelt Room was where we took all of our meals. Our first meal was lunch. I had a delicious burger and fresh fruit. The fruit was plated lovingly and it was so fresh. Kudos for that! Dinner was a little more complicated, but the charcuterie board and caesar salad combined to make a strong, if good, meal. I wish there were more simple main course options. Even though I could have asked for substitutions for side dishes, I was worried that there was just too much I couldn't eat on my diet on the plate. To the chefs at RR, I'd recommend a slightly larger menu with some more simple options. Breakfast, in my opinion was the best. I've never had such a stuffed omelet. I ordered the dockside. There was so much meat and cheese inside. This is rare; usually, omelets are mostly egg. Fruit was delicious and the accompanying biscuit would have been tasty. My friend ate both hers and mine.

I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant; it overlooks the lake. It makes for scenic dining. I was satisfied with service; however, I wasn't wowed. All servers seemed a bit busy; I suppose it's because it seems that they are constantly overwhelmed with guests who see it as the only viable option for good food in the area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albany, NY
“Try the Sweet Potato Pancakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had breakfast in the Roosevelt Room on several mornings during our recent visit to the region. The prices are reasonable and perfectly in line with similar restaurants elsewhere. They are famous for the sweet potato pancakes, and the dish is truly something special.

The staff members are all very helpful and a really great bunch. I hope to return some day and recommend the Roosevelt Room.

Visited July 2013