“Good food... Lousy service” 3 of 5 stars

253) 604-4404
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 229 Restaurants in Puyallup
“Good food... Lousy service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Food was fabulous... Service by our waitress... Horrible. Four tables she was attending. Two were business men..regulars I assume.. She was all over them. We had to call her just to get silverware and water! Women are great tippers if they get ANY measure of service! Other older couple near us having same trouble. So bad we were discussing it. Other waitress had her people covered nicely. Need some training there!

Tacoma, Washington
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very authentic Louisiana food. We had a crawfish boil, Jambalaya, shrimp and grits, catfish and of course the gumbo. The proprietor is from Louisiana by a round about route (another story), but insists on authentic food. They also have a few American standards like burgers. Service does seem a bit slow but is improving over several visits. Mike, the owner, is very personable and likes to see that every diner is satisfied. The prices are very fair for what you get.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Puyallup, Washington
“Decent food and atmosphere, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We went here just after it opened. It has a nice menu with good portion size and prices. The food was nothing spectacular, but solid. Great selection of drinks and hush puppies! Unfortunately service was about as slow as you get. Sorry guys. Hope you can improve on that as you go.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines, Washington
“Worth a try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was here with 2 other friends for lunch recently - looking for a good Cajun restaurant. The place is pretty small, but nice and clean. Our service was really good. Very attentive and friendly.

My complaints are with the food. I ordered the jambalaya. The menu said it had sausage, clams, shrimp and fish. There were no clams and no fish, but there were a few mussels. I would just call it seafood jambalaya. It would be smarter. I really wanted the clams. The flavor was very good.

One of my friends ordered the oyster muffaletta and they were out of oysters a noon on a Tuesday... They were not busy so it wasn't like everyone before us ate them all. It was very disappointing to her.

It is a really new place so I will wait a few months then try it again.

Visited February 2014
“It was as if I were back in Louisiana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

One of the things I love most about riding my motorcycle across this great country is the local cuisines that I sample, tastes that are almost exclusive to where I happen to be riding at the time. This restaurant is a great example of tasting fantastic local cuisine.... It just happens to be several thousand miles from where it tastes like! I have not tasted authentic Louisiana cuisine like I have at this restaurant since I rode West into Texas from Louisiana. One taste of their gumbo brings me right back to the south. The blackening on the steaks and fish are incredibly tasteful and expertly cooked. If you want to taste Louisiana without putting your kickstand up for several days to get there, stop at this place and be whisked away. And in true Louisiana style, the prices are very fair, it is topped off with great hospitality and you won't walk away hungry.