“Helpful and Homestyle” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Puyallup
Tumwater, Washington
“Helpful and Homestyle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

When I first walked in, I was checked in by a very welcoming young girl. I believe her name was Jaki? If manager reads this, kudos to Jaki! She was very polite and made service easy and awesome. The front desk area was clean and well kept. I liked the cleanliness of the room and how it didn't feel like a raggedy motel. I liked the free wifi and theres good amenities there too. What I didn't like was that the TVs could have been updated. Linens and bed were very comfy!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room in the same building as the office, wifi will be faster!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
joocjs, General Manager at Motel Puyallup, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for your review! Jaki IS one of our best employees, it is nice to see her getting the kudos she deserves! You can always expect nothing but great service from ALL of our employees, they are the backbone of our company and we appreciate them as well!

Your opinion matters to us a great deal, and with new owners on board as of January, I am happy to report a lot of upgrading- several rooms are sporting brand new a/c's , new carpet, and for you: New TV's!

Thank you for your business! We hope to see you again soon!

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The motel was perfectly located so I could walk to the fair grounds.The people at the desk were very pleasant and helpful. The motel is old but clean and well looked after.If you are looking for a five star hotel this isn't for you,but for us blue collar worker it's perfectly priced for what you're getting.Thank you I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review of our property! We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again!
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011 via mobile

Pros: Price, relatively clean, nice staff, quiet, good location, free Wi-Fi, microwave, refrigerator, alarm clock, soap and shampoo unlike Motel 6, decent restaurant in parking lot.

Cons: Ancient and loud air conditioner that you have to set a heavy object on to make half way bearable, very old TV without inputs for DVD player to watch since channels are few, older fairly hard mattress you can feel the springs on, shady characters in lot.

Conclusion: Would have been great if the mattress, A/C, TV and channels were better, and if Wi-Fi were faster.

• Stayed August 2011
Marysville, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

we spent a couple nights here while i underwent some medical proceedures at nearby good sam's. the receptionist and staff were very nice and helpful. she even waived the pet fee for our little dog. the room (smoking) was a bit small and well used but clean. for the price, i thought this was a great deal, especially when considering the options.

Room Tip: best deal in town
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed three nights. The reviews were good and the price was great and the location convenient to local amenities in Puyallup.

I reserved online and that was a mistake. The property wants most of the money up front and the rest when you check in. I wondered about that but when I saw the collection of characters hanging around my questions were answered. apparently there are a number of people living at this unit. At 2:30am one morning there was a lot of yelling outside that sounded like a domestic dispute. Overall there is not a secure feeling to this property. It may be the safest place in Puyallup for all I know but it doesn't feel that way.

The room was not clean and was never vacuumed during my stay. The cooler worked intermittently and the front desk was no help at all. The woman told me that I probably knew more about the cooler than she did. I don't know whether that was true but it didn't help the problem any. The bathroom sink was an ultra slow drainer. On my last day I was locked out and although the desk clerk was very helpful it didn't help my demeanor any that I had to keep running back to the office after each failed attempt the correct the lock issue.

The bed was very comfortable, the shower was good and the TV, refrigerator and microwave worked. I will not stay at this unit again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed for a week and found the room to be roomy and clean and the bed comfortable. The WIFI had good strength. The staff was accomodating and pleasant. Next time I go home to visit relatives I will stay here. They have coffee all the time, donuts, etc. but we really liked the Jason's restaurant close by within walking distance for breakfast. It is also close to the freeway. Make a reservation if you want to stay the weekend. They were full Saturday and Sunday.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Very clean, nice staff and super close to the fairgrounds! I will stay here every time I come to town. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel Puyallup? Share your experiences!