“Pricey bit AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert
Puyallup, Washington
“Pricey bit AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Yummmm yummy yummmm!!!! The banana foster and pure velvet cupcakes are to die for. If I was sitting on death row a banana foster cupcake would be my final request. It is a little pricey but all GF things are. If you've never been you're missing out! Staff extremely helpful and kind

• Visited June 2013

Puyallup, Washington
“The Sweet Stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The cupcakes are very different from each other so get the kind you like. My personal favorite was the tres leche cupcake due to the texture and amazing flavor. Being gluten free and some both gluten and vegen free, it puts a few limits on flavor and texture, but Julie does an excellent job achieving high satisfaction for both. Some of the frosting has very mild hints of sweetness so for those who might want just a little sweetness to your cupcake they work well, or you can get an extremely rich cupcake like the Bavarian cream or an eclair.
It is on the expensive side for desserts, but being gluten-free, it is to be expected. They make some very ornate cakes and beautiful baked goods. Keep in mind they do cookies, bread, trail mix as well, much more than just cupcakes.

• Visited May 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“Something for my Valentine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

When my cancer-survivor Better Half discovered he was "gluten sensitive" it put the brakes on my baking of the annual St. Valentine's Day chocolate treats. Julie to the rescue! I saw her sign when we stopped at the Original Pancake House on Meridian (a place which will make you g-f pancakes on request!) so I came back one day and found a small, cozy bakery with a wide and varied selection of breads, cakes, cookies and decadent cupcakes all accessible to those who have forsaken wheat (or had it forsake them). I picked up a round loaf of French Bread (chewy and perfect as garlic toast), crispy oatmeal raisin cookies and the Valentine offering, a Chocolate Cream Cupcake for my Sweetheart. The friendly and knowledgeable staff were more than willing to answer questions about ingredients and the special needs of g-f baked goods (like refrigerating and shorter shelf life) and some were sitting at one of the tables working with a Bride-to-Be on her wedding cake, so don't be shy and check it out. My Darling, by the way, loved the Cupcake, pronouncing it moist, cakey and decidedly chocolaty. Mission accomplished!

Visited February 2013
Puyallup, Washington, United States
“Awesome cookies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Although I don't have a need for gluten-free baked goods, I do believe in supporting new businesses in my area. So, I stopped in for a dozen peanut butter cookies.

I was floored at how good these cookies were. They tasted like any other good peanut butter cookie.

I'm not exactly positive what gluten is, but Julie's made these cookies taste great!

I was going to try a loaf of bread, too, but they had not started making bread at this location yet. I guess I have my excuse to stop in again.

Visited November 2012
Idaho
“GF/Vegan DREAM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

All products are GF: cupcakes, bread, hamburger buns, waffle bowls, pizza crust, etc. Selection changes daily! Also has amazing vegan options (that are also GF) as well. It's been a long time since I had a good GF/vegan cupcake. Bravo!

• Visited May 2013