“Good food & drink, friendly service, atmosphere so-so.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 224 Restaurants in Puyallup
Cuisines: Irish
Puyallup, Washington
“Good food & drink, friendly service, atmosphere so-so.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I paid my third visit to downtown Puyallup's Twisted Kilt Pub tonight. My first two visits have been business lunches, so no drinks. The first time I ordered the BBB burger (bacon, blue cheese, etc.), which was fantastic, so that's what I ordered the second time too.

Tonight I thought I'd branch out. I ordered shepherd's pie, and also tasted my wife's fish & chips, and my son's reuben. All three dishes were excellent. Shepherd's pie was the best I've ever had.

From the bar, we tried a black & tan (they did a very nice job pouring that), Irish Red Death (which I really enjoy), and a new bottle of Guinness Black Lager (can't go wrong with Guiness). All quite acceptable.

The service was friendly and decent. Our only complaint was atmosphere. At other Irish pubs I've enjoyed authentic Irish music and decor. This was a little too sports bar-ish, and no Irish music. We had also hoped for a bluegrass band which was supposed to be there tonight, but fell through for some reason.

But overall, it was a pleasant experience, and I'll definitely be back a fourth time, the good Lord a'willin.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Puyallup, WA
“Its ok....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

i went in not too long after they opened so maybe thats why it wasnt so great. The food was excellent and so were the drinks. the service is the problem. I went in twice in the same week and each time, the bartender didnt know how to make drinks and when you ask for something you get it 20 minutes later. Our server kept saying "ok i'm going home now, ok i'm going home now" like she wanted us to cash out to tip her and then start a new tab. Its a soccer bar, but they show all sports. Everyone is very pleasant. I would just hope the staff has gotten it together.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Twisted Kilt? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Twisted Kilt, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.