“Lunch in Puyallup - Nice surprise, great food and very good value and service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crockett's Public House

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Olympia Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

While Visiting a good friend during lunch hour in beautiful downtown Puyallup, she suggested Crockett's. Shared fresh cooked chips with even fresher pico de gallo and guacamole. Could have stopped here-seriously huge portion. I had the crab tostadas, again generous and excellent. My friend loved her fish tacos. Pub atmosphere and uncomfortable seating but go for the food and really great service. Extensive menu, we just happened to order Mexican

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kent, Washington
“Cool place, Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our first visit was today and I have to say I can't wait to go back. We started with the calamari, BEST I HAVE EVER EATEN! The waiter was new and I asked him what was his favorite. He said the Green Chili Burger............ Great Call! It was huge and very tasty! My wife had a new item on the menu, shrimp tacos. I could tell by her lack of conversation that it was also very good! The staff is very friendly and they have so many choices on the menu I want to try! See you guy's soon!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tacoma, Washington
“Great atmoshpere, great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

THis place is awesome. I live about 15 minutes from the place and have never been. My girlfriend and I went this last Sunday and had lunch. She had been many times and said everything on the menu is delicious! They serve breakfast from 9-1 and most folks were still ordering breakfast when we were there at 12:30pm so it must be good.
I had the Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup and it was so yummy. The soup was very thick and chunky and very tasty. My girfriend had the chicken tacos and said they were one of her favorites. Menu is available onlinefor your pleasure, just google Crocckett's Public House, Puyallup, WA.
Have not been for dinner by my friend says they go all the time for cocktails. Happy Hour all day SUnday too but not sure what that entails since I am pregnant and didn't even look at the menu. :o)
Cheers to a great place to eat with a wonderful atmosphere! Oh, one downfall is parking can kind of be tricky in downtown Puyallup.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Anderson Is
“Expensive Whiskey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I had dinner with friends we had just met on a trip in South Africa who were also from Puyallup and my husband and I ordered a bar whiskey and coke with dinner. In fact, we both had 2. Service excellent, food great; however, when we got our bill, the drinks were $12.50 each. We were with new friends and just paid. The next day we realized how MUCH we paid for drinks in downtown Puyallup!
I wrote a letter to the Manager and he chose not to respond. Good food, good service, but watch out for the drinks. We will not go back and we have told many friends who will not go there as the Manager chose not to even respond to my letter. We have been throughout the world and never have paid $12.50 for one drink. We love Puyallup and love to help any business; but not Crocketts. The Manager needs Public Relations experience and a price list for drinks. Patty Jo

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Puyallup, Washington
“A wide range of choices, excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I visited Crockett's Public House for the first time today with my wife and two other family members. It was a delightfully pleasant experience.

Crockett's has quite an amazing variety of food on the menu. And all of it (at least what we tried) was good ... gourmet tacos, fish 'n chips, half chicken and waffle, and a chicken salad sandwich.

The draft beer was also excellent.

The lunch crowd was goodly but plenty of seating was available. The brick building is interesting, and cool, which was a bonus in today's heat.

Our server was also excellent, knowledgeable, and helpful. We'll definitely go back.

Only complaints: Slightly on the pricey side, and it took a little while to get the food after order. But not too bad on both counts.

• Visited August 2012