“I will never go back to Tosconos Cafe and Wine Bar” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Puyallup, Washington, United States
“I will never go back to Tosconos Cafe and Wine Bar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My fiancee made our our Valentine dinner reservation here 2 1/2 weeks before Valentine's Day. When we arrived at the restaurant it was so over booked that there were at least 12 couples standing outside of the restaurant and it was at that moment that things seemed really weird. I have been out to dinner practically every Valentine's night of my adulthood (which is alot.) LOL... The hostess was flustered and acted bothered that we showed up for our reservation. We ended up waiting an hour just to get seated and then it was an evening consisting of waiting for each thing individually with about a 15 minute wait between. It was the worst restaurant experience I have ever had! Seriously I would have rather went to McDonalds, at least you get served. The bill was huge and my dinner came way before my sweethearts and we were both very agitated when we left. I'm quite sure that they were being greedy and trying to pack people in like cattle just to see how much money they could make on that popular dining evening. As we sat and sat and sat we started looking around at the other folks who were there and we didnt see one smiling face. It was horrible, dont go there, you will be way overcharged for losey food, bad service, and rude workers.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Nice atmosphere, good food, adequate portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Dine at this restaurant from time to time with consistent quality results. They have a small bar area and a nice selection of trendy and traditional drinks. Staff was friendly and attentive. They have a nice outdoor area with a large fireplace that is very lively in warmer weather. Casual outside, and a little more formal inside (but no need to over-dress). My husband had the rockfish special and it was light, well-cooked, and delicious. I had the cioppino which lost some points for me as the tomato sauce base was too thick and way too spicy. I have had cioppino at several other restaurants but have never had it so very thick and too spicy to eat. Couldn't find any veggies and had three kinds of seafood (in my bowl). My husband agreed that it was too spicy and too thick. Linen tablecloths and bread served, which helped round out the meal. Would still recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bonney Lake, Washington
“Verify cost before ordering changes to a meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My first visit here was with friends in early Spring. Loved the atmosphere... nice table linens set up during lunch. Staff was smartly dressed and attentive. All our food was amazing. I requested the wrap on my sandwich be substituted for greens with a small side of salsa, so I ended up with a great salad! No problem it was delish and was the same price.

My next trip was with my husband about 3 weeks later. This time it was a long wait for even a menu after we were finally seated. Place wasn't busy...go figure. I again ordered the same menu item prepared the same way. We got a bill which included my wrap and a separate charge for a full salad. OMG

After calling the waitress over and pointing out the charge, she had to haggle with someone to get the separate salad charge removed from our bill. The receipt from my previous visit was still in my wallet. My husband was not impressed with his food or our service. Too bad as it was wonderful the first visit!

Have chosen not to frequent this place after our last experience. Bring your big wallet...pricey dining!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tacoma, Washington
“Used to be a favorite but not now!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

They used to give you a decent amount of food for the price which is on the spendy side for sure and now the portions are shrinking and we are not going. Lovely atmosphere, not the friendliest waitstaff - a little too serious and good food but who wants to shell out $100 or more for two and not feel like you ate enough?? They need to do better!!!

Visited November 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Impressive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The food was very good. Northern Italian flavors..very spicy with generous portions. The ambiance was very appealing. I would recommend.

Visited July 2012