“A basic motel for one night” 3 of 5 stars

Northwest Motor Inn
1409 South Meridian Street, Puyallup, WA 98371   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
London, United Kingdom
“A basic motel for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We wanted to stay somewhere better: but the two upscale motels were full. One with the crew of Airforce 1 which rather shook us. This was the better of the two also rans. The room was clean if a little smelly. The beds were ok, there was hot water, and there was a fridge and a TV of sorts. The A/C didn't work. The management were friendly enough; the owner had family near where we live in London, UK. But it was cheap and value for money in the circumstances. It is a one night stopover: nothing more

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently took a trip down to Puyallup for the Gun Show. My in laws live in Sumner so after visiting them the wife and I checked in here. It was literally 2 blocks from the fairground. Place seems pretty new, nice lobby, great rooms. Front desk couple were nice and gave us a great rate on a King Room. I would recommend this for anyone visiting Puyallup for fair related activities or any other events. You won't even need to drive anywhere to get whatever you might need as everything is so close by.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Not only were the rooms, smelly, dirty, rusty, ugly with thin walls, the manager/owner was rude, mean and threatening. It was late so we tolerated it for 1 night. We had originally booked several nights and once we saw the place we made other plans. The manager berated me for 15 solid minutes for canceling my reservation. He was very loud and threatening. If he was so upset with a 24 hour cancellation, he should change the hotel policy. I do not recommend this motel to anyone, especially a woman.
For many trips, my husband and I travel on a tight budget. We have stayed in cheaper places than this that were great and a few that were worse. This motel gets the prize for the grossest place for the price.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed there a couple of days ago after visiting some friends. The one bed room that I had was clean, smelled nice and was quiet. As it had been hot that day, I used the A/C unit, but I could not get the knobs to do anything. I called the front desk guy, and he explained that they used a temp unit on the wall, and told me how to use it. It worked great. My encounter with the staff was a good one.

I am not sure what some of the other reviewers are about. My stay was excellent, and I would come here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed here on my way to mount rainier. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice and i had no trouble sleeping. I will go back again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Aside from the negative reviews written about this inn, my family and I had a good stay here. Polite staff, excellent service, I will definitely come here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Run, Do Not Walk Away From This Disgusting Place!
This place is absolutely disgusting and the front desk staff was the very *rudest* I've ever encountered in my travels. Immediately upon entering the lobby of this roadside dump the smell was overwhelming - *Hooker Disinfectant* . Desk clerk was extremely **Rude** and **Obnoxious**. Had requested a ground floor room for a dog show but had us booked in for a third floor room. Would not accommodate us in any way - made no apologies - was extremely *rude*.

Room Tip: Do Not Even Consider Staying Here