“The staff was awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
“The staff was awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I chose Crossland in Puyallup because it was close to my work initially. The rates were a little high especially when there was an event going on in Puyallup. Yes the bed was only a double with a small kitchenette. I had dishes waiting for me in the room. The part that has made my stay there was the staff. Kayla, Casy, Roming, Lucille, and Crystal are the best that I have come across. They have made me overlook what can be considered the little inconveniences.. Everyone is willing to take a minute to talk to you even if it's just to say hi. They all have been quick to take care of any problems that I have had with my stay or other guests. They listen to ever concern that I have had even if they had heard it 10 times before.. They are quick to get the drug addicts out along with any trouble makers. Even the guy in the room next to me who was smoking pot. I'm going on my 3rd month there and I'll extend my stay indefinitely because of the management and housekeeping staff that I have named.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It’s great to hear your comments on our friendly and accommodating staff. We are so proud to have provided you with such a great stay here at our hotel. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We would love to have you extend your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atoka, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The first impression I got when entering was how very small the room was for a studio. The stove top had only 2 burners, the refrigerator was dorm sized, the bathroom only had a pedestal sink and no tub, only a shower. The kitchen had no dishes, utensils, or pans.
The first two nights (wed & thurs) were not bad. However, on Friday night someone close by in another room smoked so much pot that my bathroom filled with the smell coming in through the ceiling vent. I had to shut the bathroom door and turn on the AC to clear my room. This went on through Saturday as well. The facility is marked clearly as No Smoking but as it is the cheapest hotel in the area this it the type of clientele it will attract.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the area.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry about the smoke odor coming through your bathroom vent. We are a non-smoking building and do our best to walk the property to keep us smoke free. As well, we do not condone any illegal activity at our hotel. In response to your feedback, I will be working with my staff to better enforce our non-smoking policy with guests. I really appreciate you bringing this experience to my attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at puy@extendedstay.com. We hope that you would give us another try the next time you are in our area!
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The place looks nice and It has a very nice surrounding area but I cannot recommend the beds. They were pretty dirty(full of hair) and very aged. The management was great however, and that's why I'd give it another star. Would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our location and management; however, we apologize for the condition of your mattress. We are currently replacing our mattresses to improve our guests' comfort. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

West Palm Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Don't stay there! Horrible, nasty, smelly, filthy. The room had a disgusting odor that smelled like stale cigarette smoke mixed with old maple syrup. The bed was small and hard and only had two small, flat pillows. Garbage cans in the stairwell were overflowing and stinking. The stairwell was filthy and looked like it had not been swept in quite a while. Overall, a flophouse.

• Stayed August 2014
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than desirable stay with us. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be walking our public areas and addressing the issues throughout. We are also replacing our mattresses and reviewing our cleaning procedures with our housekeeping staff.

We appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at puy@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Longview, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The room smelled like freshly carpet cleaned dog urine. found a cockroach in the room. No maid service unless you stay for 8+ days. If you want a clean towel you have to bring the dirty towel to the front desk to get a clean one. The only plus is that it is the cheapest place around. Pay a little extra for a better place. I wont go back there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay with us. To keep our rates low we do not offer daily housekeeping if you are staying less than 7 nights, but at any time you may exchange your towels at the front desk or request additional cleaning services for a minimal fee. We will work with our housekeeping staff to make sure our hotel always smells fresh. We will also contact our pest control provider to address the issue in your room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at puy@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I paid in advance via expedia. Stayed for a concert. We arrived 2 hours early hoping to check in early, no rooms available so no worries. Came back at 3:30 and they said they had a sick call so we'd have leave and call in a have hour to see if our room was ready.

I asked the guy at the counter to call me when it was ready and he said that would be difficult and as he said, call them in a half hour.

Another employee came up after me arguing with him for a few minutes and said the room was ready. No apology from the check in guy. Beds are hard and there was cigarette smell all night.

Was cheap and good location, but I'll pay more for better service at another hotel next time.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are sincerely sorry that we were not able to accommodate your early check-in request and that our staff did not provide you with superior service. We will be working with our entire staff to ensure we are always providing our guests with the quality service that they deserve.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at puy@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I hade reservations for two rooms. Got to hotel early, around 1:30pm. I
know check in is after 3:00pm. They were able to give me one of my rooms then, wich was cool. Bad part was I didn't get my second room till 6:15. I had too keep calling the front office asking for a clean room, all they could say is that they were short handed and the housekeeping staff was slow.There is no reason for getting a room this late in the day.The rooms are advertised to have kitchen utensiles. These rooms didnt. I spoke to the front desk at 2:30pm about getting some and they said they would bring them to my room when they had a chance. Once Again They Said They Were Short Short handed. I went to the office to pick them up myself, but they said I couldn't do that, they had to bring them to the room. Are you kidding me. We'll any way it took till 8:00pm to get them. Dont ever stay here. The help has no common sence or customer service experience
. There are

• Stayed July 2014
Tom - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We are happy that we were able to accommodate one of your early check-in requests; however, we are disappointed that your other room was not ready and that we did not take care of your kitchenware request in a timely manner. We will be retraining our staff to ensure our rooms are ready at 3:00pm and that we are providing our guests with superior service at all times.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup? Share your experiences!