“Just know what your getting” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Bonney Lake, Washington
“Just know what your getting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now and the previous experiences were dreadful. People would smoke in their rooms and the ventilation system carried it into my room. Also, it's kind of loud, attracting some odd types of people. But this last time I stayed I noticed they enacted a fee for smoking and it seemed like they were controlling the issue much firmer now. My stay this time was smoke free and it wasn't very loud. My favorite part of the hotel is the ammendities, such as a microwave, a small fridge, cookware and such. If your not expecting much, this isn't too bad of a place to stay for the rates you can get.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Tacoma - Puyallup. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. I am glad to hear that the measures we have put in place are working to make your stay more enjoyable. It's feedback like yours that helps us to make the necessary changes and improve the quality of our guest's stay with us. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Would stay again. The staff was friendly and very nice. Likes the bathrooms. And quiet clean facility. Like having a kitchen. Would recommend to people. Has great weekly rates and.liked the wireless internet. Feels modern and clean inside rooms and also.safe. Not a lot of traffic.

• Stayed December 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind words about Kelly. We always love to hear positive feedback about our team, and it is made more special when a guest takes the time to point out a particular individual and share the positive impact they made. I'm so pleased to hear that both you and your parents had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Your are safer sleeping overnight in your car, then staying at this hotel. The price of the room is not cheap either. We paid $89 per night. Lots of long term people on welfare staying at this property. Security is nonexistent. My wife's wedding ring was stolen out of the room. Manager was without any type of sympathy or help. Will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Owner at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for contacting us regarding your experience at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings for all of our guests to enjoy. We are deeply saddened that we were unable to provide this for you.

Safety is a top priority for our company. We have specific policies and procedures in place to ensure situations like this do not happen. In response, I have reviewed these standard operating procedures with our staff as well as followed up with the insurance company regarding your claim.

Please know that we take this situation and your comments seriously. I am sorry for the response you originally received. We regret the inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to serving you more favorable in the future.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Believe me just keep driving, the few dollars you'll save are not worth it.The rooms are tiny,the TV offers an extended channel line up which means 10 basic cable channels and 7 local channels. The advertise free Wi-Fi but it is anemic just a tad above dial-up, they offer an increase of up to 2 Mbps for a $3 per day fee.
The property accepts pets which can be a plus if you're traveling with a pet but the rooms smell like wet dog.
Staff are nice enough.
The front desk often runs out of clean towels.
Stairwells are not cleaned often enough many times garbage is left to rot for days.
The property has a few long term tenants one particular woman is a wino, she would often stumbled outside her room with her very aggressive German Shepherd dog and dump a trash bag full of empty wine bottles.
The only thing positive about this property is the location but it does not make up for the rest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Tacoma - Puyallup. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate in order to ensure we are exceeding the expectaions of each and every guest at our hotel.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future so we can show you that we truly can provide you with clean, safe, relaxing place to stay.
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed for two nights recently and was very happy with this extended stay hotel...it was clean, quiet, and restful...VERY friendly staff and for the price, this hotel can't be beat....it is close to the freeway but VERY quiet, and I was well rested after my stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, October 1, 2012

Pacific Northwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

First of all - this is a budget hotel. You get what you pay for. The bed in my basic room was small (full sized, not queen) with a cheap (hard) mattress. The room is fairly small. I didn't use the TV so can't comment on it. I wish that the heater/AC unit had separate fan/temperature settings (I like to keep the fan running to block out random noises). But the room was very clean, and it does have a small kitchenette and a decent bathroom (shower only). It is near the railroad tracks; the trains didn't wake me up but again, that is why I keep a fan running. I was on my own; two people in the same space might seem a bit cramped, especially with the small bed.

I didn't have much interaction with the staff apart from checking in, but the woman on duty was very pleasant and efficient. Good enough for me.

Room Tip: If railroad is a problem, request a room on the South side of the buildings, not facing the tracks.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. This particular location offers rooms with either a full bed or a queen bed, and we should have offered you a selection during the reservation or check in process. It sounds like we mave failed to do that. I thank you for bringing it to my attention so we can modify our training to ensure this is not forgotten in the future.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I dont know what hotel these pictures are of but it's not of this one. Im not super picky. Im all about a budget, but this place was one of the worst rooms I've ever booked. It looked nothing like the pictures I saw when I booked it. The bed was the equivalent of concrete, the carpet filthy, and furnishings from Goodwill. Five minutes after I checked in, I took my keys back to the desk and checked out. And of course since I booked through Travelocity there is no refund but oh well. Live and learn. My advice, go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't a 100 % satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concerns and promise we'll continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup? Share your experiences!