“Average at best but clean” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Pacific Northwest
“Average at best but clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

First of all - this is a budget hotel. You get what you pay for. The bed in my basic room was small (full sized, not queen) with a cheap (hard) mattress. The room is fairly small. I didn't use the TV so can't comment on it. I wish that the heater/AC unit had separate fan/temperature settings (I like to keep the fan running to block out random noises). But the room was very clean, and it does have a small kitchenette and a decent bathroom (shower only). It is near the railroad tracks; the trains didn't wake me up but again, that is why I keep a fan running. I was on my own; two people in the same space might seem a bit cramped, especially with the small bed.

I didn't have much interaction with the staff apart from checking in, but the woman on duty was very pleasant and efficient. Good enough for me.

Room Tip: If railroad is a problem, request a room on the South side of the buildings, not facing the tracks.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. This particular location offers rooms with either a full bed or a queen bed, and we should have offered you a selection during the reservation or check in process. It sounds like we mave failed to do that. I thank you for bringing it to my attention so we can modify our training to ensure this is not forgotten in the future.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I dont know what hotel these pictures are of but it's not of this one. Im not super picky. Im all about a budget, but this place was one of the worst rooms I've ever booked. It looked nothing like the pictures I saw when I booked it. The bed was the equivalent of concrete, the carpet filthy, and furnishings from Goodwill. Five minutes after I checked in, I took my keys back to the desk and checked out. And of course since I booked through Travelocity there is no refund but oh well. Live and learn. My advice, go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't a 100 % satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concerns and promise we'll continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was here August 3 to August 5, 2012 for Warped Tour in Auburn. All hotels closer to the venue were booked, so we stayed here. We got the room at a cheap price, which was a bonus ($85 per couple for 2 nights.) As I was traveling with another couple, we chose to share a "suite" room. The girl at the front desk was friendly and approachable. Upon checking in, we inquired into the room amenities, specifically cookware and table settings, as there is no breakfast area here so we brought our own. We were informed that there was only enough dishes for 2 people, which was an inconvenience, but there were 2 glasses and 2 mugs so at least we had enough cups. There were only 2 towels in the bathroom when we got to the room, but when we asked for more at the front desk, they were provided without hassle. Before coming here, I read a review by a woman who said that the shower was too small, but I am also 5'6 and 125lbs (the smallest of my travel mates,) and none of us had a problem with the shower size. One small complaint would be that there was no counter space in the bathroom and only 1 mirror. Although the room had two beds, it wasn't really suitable for 2 couples to share. The beds were kind of hard, but I had a comfortable enough sleep. On another note, it was next to impossible to locate the vending machines despite confusing signage, and we didn't see an ice machine anywhere.

Overall, my stay here was decent. The hotel is right off the freeway kind of in the middle of nowhere, but the rooms were quiet and there was free wifi (although it cut out every few minutes.) I asked travel mates for their input, and we agreed that the hotel is a 2-2.5 out of 5. It's not the worst place I've stayed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. As well, we would have gladly given you additional kitchen supplies and towels; I apologize for not meeting this expectation.

I take your concern seriously, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.
Puyallup
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

House keeping, Sandra and Crystal are just 2 of the maids here, but you will never forget them if you meet them. They have a very rare quality about them and that is, they take pride in their work, and the rooms are very clean. If you need something, they will actually stop what they are doing and help you. They are friendly, and ever ready to help, Crystal makes it a point to greet and know her guests, and she greets her guests every day she is here. Sandra makes sure she treats everyone equal and always has a smile on her face. I have seen some of the stuff they have to clean, and they do it without complaint, they clean up stuff I wouldn't touch!! If I owned a hotel, I would do whatever I had to do to hire these 2. If you stay here, make sure you tip them well, i'm sure the pay for housekeeping isn't what is should be so help them out and tip them, they care and make the stay here more enjoyable. My dogs love them and are happy to see them. I give 10+ to Sandra and Crystal. These 2 ladies could run this place, crystal should be in management, she's been here 15 years and knows this place inside out.
Rachel and Tera; are friendly too, but Crystal and Sandra Rock!
Nichole in the office is top noch! She know's what shes doing, shes friendly, outgoing, and funny. If you have an issue that needs taken care of see Nichole she will make sure you are treated with respect and she get's the job done.
Night guy Brandez, He is super friendly, and takes care of the night shift. He also takes pride in his work, he is always in a hurry to get things ready and set up for the day shift. He keeps an eye out for you, and he goes out of his way to help. He is always willing to help.

Room Tip: Don't get a single room, they are to small!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Tacoma - Puyallup. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! I will be certain to personally thank Sandra, Crystal, Rachel, Tara, Nicole and Brendon for taking such great care of you and your dogs during your stay with us. It's nice to know their efforts do not go un-noticed.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I gave this motel 3 stars because it was fine for what my husband and I needed - a last minute room that allowed cats and was cheap.

Pros: relatively clean, kitchenette, basic cable, close to the interstate, allows dogs AND cats. affordable, military discounts.

Cons: housekeeping is only once a week unless you pay for more visits, loud tenants, shower is cramped for even a 5'6 125lb woman, little to no toiletries provided, rock hard mattress, tiny room, no breakfast offered.

My husband and I were moving out of our apartment and had access to our storage unit with all our pillows/blankets/toiletries, so for us this place worked out fine since we could make up for the cons with our own stuff. But if you're looking for a hotel "experience" with regular housekeeping and relaxation, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the building have less parking spaces available, so your car might end...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being "free" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

Again, I am sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Good size rooms with a kitchenette, that are well kept and clean , the entire staff greets you with a smile and are very professional.... conveniently located near freeways which gives easy access for daily travels , family and pet friendly , with prices that keeps them ahead of the rest !!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Tacoma - Puyallup.  It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.  Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers.  That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers.  Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.  Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Seattle and points east
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I was here for three weeks and the staff and service were great. There's a bit of a mildew problem and a few other maintenance issues, but the staff is working to improve the facilities. Five stars to Matt, Abou, Nichole and Katrina! Facility is pet-friendly and guests tend to be quiet and considerate -- no drunken parties or rudeness.

Room Tip: Some rooms have bathtubs, others only showers; if it matters, ask before booking.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Tacoma - Puyallup. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup? Share your experiences!