“Observations Regarding Cost Cutting” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Banyan's Restaurant

Banyan's Restaurant
1260 NE Palouse Ridge Drive, At Washington State University's Palouse Ridge Golf Course, Pullman, WA 99164
509-335-8474
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 81 Restaurants in Pullman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Moscow
“Observations Regarding Cost Cutting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Changes noted since inception:

1) Smaller portion sizes.
2) Frequently out of ingredients, although not informed when placing order.
3) Now using powdered parmesan cheese out of a can rather than fresh shredded parmesan cheese.
4) Now covering white linen table cloths at lunch with white butcher paper - where are the crayons?
5) Etc.............

Visited May 2012

Pullman, Washington, United States
“Consistently good food and service each time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have been to Banyan's multiple times and have enjoyed my experience each time. Most of the visits have been with coworkers during the lunch hour and they have all enjoyed their meals and the service. The grilled tacos are excellent, and the St. Croix salad is very good and a good size for a salad. I highly recommend a salad as a choice for a side, and you should try the huckleberry vinegrette dressing - yum! My water glass is always full; the service is excellent. I will be returning and encourage others to try Banyan's as well.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colfax, Washington
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

First of all I have eaten here before and have been very happy with my food. This time however, a large group of me and coworkers came for a retirement party. The restaurant wasn’t very busy. In fact there was only 2 other tables that were full. Our party was set up on 4 different tables so we were all split up instead of being able to enjoy each other’s company at this retirement party. The service wasn’t the greatest. Half the time our water glasses were empty. The alcoholic beverages that we paid for weren’t that good either. A friend and I ordered the same drink but got charged different prices for the same drink. My drink tasted entirely different from hers. The food, don’t bother. The Seafood cobb salad consisted of all iceberg lettuce with maybe a few pieces of romaine (i.e. 5). The portion size was ridiculous. Especially for the price you pay. The scallops were fishy and dry. The shrimp were also fishy. The only thing good about it was the lump crab however I also got a piece of crab shell in my salad. It was way overdressed and all you could taste is the blue cheese. You only got bacon bits with the salad and a few small slices of avocado. A lot of my other coworkers said the same about their meals. The vegetables were cold, steaks not seasoned, burgers were dry. Let’s just say very not impressed.

Colton, WA
“Never Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I went to this restaurant with some coworkers for a retirement party. This was my second time ever being at this restaurant. The first time it was quite well, however, this trip was not good what so ever. The service was poor...our water glass never got filled. The food was not great. It took our waitress about 45 minutes to pick up our checks. The place was not busy, there was one other table besides our four. Should not take that long. For how spendy it was I expected much better service and food. I had a chicken zuccini alfredo and it was horrible. The noodles were over done, and there was no sauce to speak of, and zuccini...what zuccini there was only 3 pieces. Come on if it is in the name of the dish pile those things on there. I could have gone to a cheaper place and gotten a way better meal. The coworkers at my table also had horrible food and their drinks were not that great. I would not come back to this place if my life depended on it. I would much rather eat at McDonald's.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pullman
“very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We went with a big group of co-workers (about 25) for a retirement party. They had us broken up into 3 different tables so it felt like we were all split up, even thought we were all there to celebrate a retirement. Because of the size of our group we were only offered a limited menu. There was also only about 2 other tables occupied in the resturaunt though. One of the items on the menu was a seafood cobb salad. It sounded great and one of my co-workers had come for lunch and ordered that same salad and said it was delish and really good sized, but the only thing she didn't like about it was that it was mostly made w/ iceberg lettuce. We asked the waitress what kind of lettuce was on the salad as that would have made a difference in what we were going to order. After conferring w/ the chef, she came back and told us that it was mixed greens but mostly romaine. Five of us ordered the salad. The first thing I noticed when she brought the food was that the salads were really small, we're talking a bit bigger than a lot of dinner salads that resturaunts serve. (Um, $15?) Thank God I got my dressing on the side b/c you should have seen how much dressing was over everyone elses salads! All the salad ingredients were already mixed up (which is not what my co-worker said the salad was like before) and guess what lettuce we all got? Mostly iceberg w/ a few (5) romaine pieces!! The iceberg was obviously from a bag, as it had the token shredded carrot bits and purple cabbage bits. Really? Did I mention that this salad cost $15? The bay scallops were fishy tasting and dry, half the shrimp was on the fishy side and really the only truly tasty thing in the salad was the real lump crab meat. Although, my friend got a piece of shell w/ her crab. When the waitress came to ask how everything was I told her that this was not what I was expecting and it wasn't all that great. My other co-worker said something along the same lines and the response we got was, "Sorry." I would expected a "How can I fix this? Do you want anything else?" But she walked away after saying the token sorry. Okay, so I guess we're stuck w/ this. Honestly, I was so disappointed b/c I've heard nothing but good things about this place. I will NEVER go back here or recommend this resturaunt to anybody. After talking w/ other co-workers most responses regarding the food were, "It was okay, but nothing special." Banyan's obviously thinks it's special w/ those prices though!

• Visited January 2012