“This hotel ROCKS!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Post Falls, Idaho
“This hotel ROCKS!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Our baseball team/families stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Pullman for two nights. The staff was SO great to all of us! They allowed us to use their refrigerator and bbq utensils...and bbq so we could have a team bbq after our last game. They were MORE than accomodating on all aspects of our stay from the cookies and milk (for a bunch of tweenage boys) to the extra supplies some families needed. I WILL stay there again and I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kirkland, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

My husband and I and another couple went for an overnight trip to Pullman. The attraction is the new Palouse Ridge golf course at Washington State University. Holiday Inn Express had a "Stay and Play" special that made this trip really affordable. The rooms were nice, the staff friendly and helpful. When we found our room was across the hall from the vending machine and near the pool, we asked to move rooms. There were no more "regular" rooms so they upgraded us for free to a slightly more spacious room with a couch. This place has an indoor pool and jacuzzi and an outdoor patio. An adequate breakfast is served as well. Finally, it's 1/2 a mile from one of the most scenic bike paths I've ever been on. A the Bill Chipman trail is 7 miles of flat paved railway grade through rolling hills beside the "paradise" creek with wildflowers, birds, waving wheat, cows. It's near the highway, but that was not a problem. 7 miles takes you to charming Moscow, Idaho where you could stop and have lunch, or continue on another trail toward Troy, ID. Don't miss the golf or the biking if that's your thing.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting the WSU campus. The hotel was clean and comfortable. I was surprised at how comfortable the bed was! The room was an adequate size with all of the basics. I interacted with the staff a few times during my stay and every time they were helpful and very friendly. The morning breakfast (included) was also fairly good. This isn't a gourmet breakfast by any stretch but they do have some hot items like eggs, biscuits, etc., as well as yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, toast, and fresh fruit. I never ate the same thing twice and was never hungry. There is also a Denny's just across the parking lot. I admit that the fresh cookies and milk each evening are also nice, and they also leave out tea, coffee and hot cocoa all day/evening. The free internet was nice too, and fairly fast. I didn't use the shuttle to get from the airport but I did take the 5:30am shuttle to the airport. The woman who drove me was about as cheerful as you can be at that time of the morning and was telling me how they have just finished renovating the entire hotel, including replacing all of the beds, even though she thought the previous ones were pretty comfortable too.

I definitely recommend staying here. There aren't a lot of frills but the room is clean and comfortable and the staff is friendly and will do what they can to meet your needs.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express. The building is modern with a full alarm system and fire sprinkler system. The continental breakfast which is included in your room price has plentiful choices and the food is fresh and the presentation is very clean. The pool is salt-water filled so no worries about excessive chlorine ruining you swimwear. During WSU events, expect the hotel to be pretty full and young adults coming and going into the late hours, but that is to be expected in a college tow. Rooms are very tidy and the refrigerator and microwave in each room are a nice touch. Flat panel color televisions with free premium channels is another nice feature. Staff were friendly and attentive. This is our second time staying here, and would certainly choose it again. The price was VERY competitive for the marketplace.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

Here's my story. I had tried to book a room at the Holiday Inn Express, but they were full. So, I went for the not-as-nice, but equally convenient Quality Inn Paradise Creek. Just to be on the safe side, I called the QIPC the night before I arrived to ask how to request an airport shuttle. "No problem!" they said, "we'll have the shuttle there anyway to pick up some other people who are coming in."

Well, I get off the plane and no shuttle. So, I called the Dubious-Quality Inn and the desk clerk said there was no note of anyone needing a shuttle. "Who needs a note?" I said, "here I am -- bring on the shuttle!" That's when the clerk advised that, thinking they wouldn't need to send out the shuttle, they sent everyone but the aforementioned desk clerk home. He said he'd call me a taxi instead.

After waiting a while for the taxi, I decided to call the Holiday Inn Express one more time, and -- voila! -- they had a cancellation and now had a room for me. I took it (cancelled the taxi and QIPC reservation) and was picked up in a few minutes by the HIE shuttle.

For the rest of my stay, the service was absolutely superb, polite, and friendly. When I need to be taken somewhere, they cheerfully shuttled me around. When it was time to head to the airport, I called them from the WSU campus to come fetch me. They suggested that they bring up my suitcase -- which I had left at the front desk earlier in the day after checking out.

At the appointed hour, I received a call from the front desk telling me that the shuttle was waiting out front to pick me up, and that they had called Horizon Air to let me know I was on my way. Extraordinary!

So if you'd like to stay at a hotel where the staff goes well out of its way to take care of you, book a room at the Quality Inn Paradise Creek. And then plan on them screwing up so you can wind up at the Holiday Inn Express instead.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Spokane WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

Two nights at this Holiday Inn in Pullman were absolutely without complaint - and more than that, everything went as we'd hoped: the pool was great, wifi instantly accessible in the room, with a computer available as well. Breakfast was good, rates acceptable. Further from the center of town than we would have liked, but still close. Didn't need any assistance, so can't speak to staff.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Spokane, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a fun weekend trip to tour the Pullman and Moscow areas. The room was very nice. Our room was clean and the beds comfortable. Room was quiet. Nice pool area - they even had some pool toys for kids or adults to use - like kickboards, balls, etc. Cookies and milk in the evening were good. And, they had board games you can check out for free from the front desk - REALLY cool idea! Free internet worked well. The breakfast was good. Some cold items as well as scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy and cinnamon rolls. Our only complaint was that the pool water must have had a fair amount of chlorine because my kids had some skin reaction and that's never been a problem before - however to be fair they spent a lot of time in the pool. We would love to stay here again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pullman? Share your experiences!