“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Pullman
Kennewick, Washington
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were in town for a baseball tournament and stayed here as a team. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very polite. Part of the hotel was under construction but I never saw it. The beds are comfortable. My only negative would be the continental breakfast was a little lacking. Overall a very nice experience.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
El Dorado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our stay here was wonderful! The hotel was so quiet! The bed was comfortable, the staff very friendly and helpful. Warm cookies and cold milk available when you check in! As noted by others, I did miss having the Bible too, but otherwise a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This Hotel seems to get things right. All of the staff we encountered on a four night stay were very courteous and helpful. When we checked in,the whirlpool tub was not working correctly. We notified the front desk the following morning,they sent someone up right away and replaced the timer and checked everything out. The A/C unit in the room worked better than most I have seen lately. The room stayed quietly comfortable in 100 degree heat outside. The room and hallways were quiet,even though the hotel was pretty close to filled each night. Some places are like crackerboxes! In all,we were quite satisfied with this Hotel,and plan to make the Holiday Inn Express our first choice for our future travels to Pullman while our Son attends WSU.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Powell, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The motel was nice, clean, people were friendly, breakfast was good with cereals, pastry, eggs, bacon or sausage. But there was one thing that bothers me a lot and it seems to be a growing trend in our country. There was no bible in the room. When I asked at the desk, they gave me very lame excuse." Holiday Inn has a no clutter policy for our rooms". Since when is a bible in a drawer, clutter......
I stay in lots of Holiday Inns, and find bibles in the vast majority. If ownership doesn't support my views and beliefs then I cannot support there's.

Because of this I will not stay in this motel again, I moved to the La Quinta in Moscow on the remainder of my stay in Pullman.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pullman, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Jim B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased you liked the cleanliness of our hotel and the breakfast selections we offer. On the other hand, we're sorry you were not well satisfied with your stay with us. Please be assured that your comments have been documented and will be forwarded to our management for improvements. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel was great! It is very clean and in a nice area. The room was a great size and a great price. Breakfast was definitely good and had lots of options and the service was wonderful. The only complaint I have is the bed was terribly uncomfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Snohomish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Recently stayed with another parent for WSU Alive event. I liked how close it was to the school - easy access. The room was fine and the breakfast was the usual fare, but also fine. The front desk staff was friendly and made a good restaurant recommendation, in my opinion (plus you get a 15% discount at that restaurant if you show you are staying here). Cookies are served in the evening but you had better get them early cause they run out fast. Didn't use the pool because that requires putting on a swimsuit so no opinion there but it looked fine. My only gripe was that they left the back door open all day for the people moving furniture in and out. This was close to our room and I think that is why we had what I hope was a large beetle and not a roach in our room. I did call the front desk about it and was told they would send someone in the morning. That didn't really do us any good since we were leaving in the morning but yet we were kind of creeped out for the night.

Room Tip: Normally I think a room toward the back would be good because it is quieter - away from the lobby an...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
seattle wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The rooms were not 5 star rooms at all - more like 3.5 but the customer service was so wonderful that I had to give this place a 5 star. I had a great stay here, breakfast was better than normal, the lobby was really comfortable with a big screen tv, comfy couch and fireplace and everywhere there were personal touches - old books, hanging flower baskets (no silk here), a really nice outdoor sun patio. The place was really clean and well maintained in a quiet location within walking distance of a pretty good restaurant. The staff was so good to me - I had a 6 hour layover between work and flight time. I had already checked out at 6:30 am but after I worked they said I could come back to the hotel, they kept my bags, carted me all over town in the hotel shuttle, picked me up and then even let me use the pool and sun deck while I waited to fly out, all with a SUPER accommodating attitude. That is what got me - they could not do enough to help me while I waited for my flight and even told me my flight had been delayed so the extra hour before they took me back to the airport I could wait in the comfort of the lobby and not in the bony chairs of the airport. They went above and beyond for me and I really appreciated that. A homey place to stay when visiting the school/town.

Room Tip: The hallways in this place are really long...so if you have a lot of bags, are disabled or have kid...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pullman? Share your experiences!