“Chicken needs help!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Richland, Washington
“Chicken needs help!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Loved the flavor of the broth, but the soup was lacking chicken meat. So they kindly gave us more chicken but the pho guy had to make it a point to come to our table and explain how it's about the broth and not the chicken and then went on to describe at great length how he makes the broth for hours and hours (all this while we just wanted to get back to sipping our soup)! Next time, I'm going next door to Central Market for a small salad and bringing a side of chicken to put in the soup. Oh, the chicken that was in the soup was overdone and dry and stringy, but I loved the flavor of the broth.

Visited October 2013

Poulsbo, Washington
“First time having Pho - didn't disappoint!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Delicious! A friend got take-out for us and it was very good. Fantastic flavor. Can't say anything about service since I didn't order it and haven't been to the restaurant though.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Found hair strand in the soup, dirty, wet tables, flippant staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Have been here many times since it opened but have gone our last time. Since its grown in popularity, this eatery has become dirty with wet slimy tables, dirty gritty floors, rushed service from the staff and to top it off, I found a nice long strand of black hair in my soup. The place was so slammed I couldnt flag down the waiter. After many attempts I walked to the counter and told them. They looked partly surprised and annoyed. They quickly said they would bring another bowl-- it never came and they never took away the hair one either. Such a shame, loved this place in the past but like many business who grow due to increased business, they have become flippant and let the place looking tired and run down. The vermicelli bowls, rice dishes are good, soup ok, but obviously no hair net being used in the back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Food as a science and an art form”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

More than 50 years ago as a young troop in-country I didn't have the time or money to experience Vietnamese cooking at it's highest quality. I knew about the street vendor noodle shops but preferred SOS in the chow hall. I have recently tried other local pho restaurants and they were just o.k.

Until now.

The very friendly wait staff quickly seated me and I read the menu with an apparent look of stupid on my face. A truly beautiful young Vietnamese woman who must have been the manager came to my assistance. I told her I was a wimp when it came to hot sauce and she directed me to a bowl of pho and pointed out the bottles of smoldering hot sauces with a stern warning. The soup was amazing. There was plenty of it and it smelled wonderful. The broth flavor was not simple, it had depth and complexity I have not had before. It was served with fresh bean sprouts and purple hued basil branches. It really was a joy to eat. I recommend you order the small order because I'm a big guy and I couldn't finish the large order.

A few days later, I returned. Again the wonderful and knowledgeable wait staff helped me out. This time I had the steak and rice noodles. Wow what unique flavor. Each ingredient stood out; it was not just a bland mix of flavors. While I was enjoying the food a young Vietnamese man, who must have been the brother or maybe the husband of the young woman mentioned above, asked me how the food was. I raved and told him I was an amateur foodie with a degree in chemistry. As we enjoyably chatted he explained that he too had a background in chemistry and physics and a graduate degree in business. He told me about how the broth in the pho takes hours and hours to prepare and to develop it's depth of flavor. It was a lesson in cooking for the sensation of taste. I've been back several time since with my wife and she too really enjoys the food.

The price is more than reasonable. They also have a carry out service which might be fun to try.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pineland, Florida
“Pho-tastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Loved this place. Ate my fill, everybody was nice, prices were good, and it tasted great. Eat. Here.

• Visited June 2013