“Nice Choice of Pastries” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout, Dessert
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Nice Choice of Pastries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were attracted to Sluys by the large and attractive display of pastries in the store window. We enjoyed their apple and raspberry strudel, their Swedish pepper cookies, and their Swedish candied fruit pastries. Definitely a nice afternoon snack when visiting the faux Nordic town of Poulsbo. Buy your pastries and coffee and take them out to the gazebo on Liberty Bay to enjoy.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“Drool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This bakery is AMAZING. I wish it wasn't a ferry ride away so I could go more often. Despite arriving a minute before they closed they patiently waited for my 10 year old to choose. We ended up with $42 in numerous treats and I wish I had stocked up on more. Delicious doesn't being to describe how fantastic this bakery is.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Authentic Old World bakery, check it out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This bakery is the real deal! Homemade lefse, cookies, cinnamon rolls...and so much more. I will be making multiple trips just to try out more of their items. Over the holidays I had a gingerbread man that was like grandma used to make. Highly recommend!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Washington
“My guilty pleasure :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Sluy's has my favorites I always return to...angel creams are da bomb for me! But Poulsbo Bread is the ULTIMATE: you *have* to try it, especially toasted! So yummy! And all the wonderful folks who work there are always so nice, helpful and friendly, even at 630a, when I normally visit after work :)

Visited February 2013
Poulsbo, Washington
“Watch out for a Fly & Hairy Ams!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

It was my first time in Sluys, from the outside it looked great. I went in and the young man behind the counter asked what I wanted. I ordered a bran muffin from the window display. The young man picked up a wax paper sheet and just before he picked up my muffin he noticed a huge fly in the case. The young man used the wax paper to catch the fly, but it was crafty and escaped. To my horror he used that same wax paper to pick up my muffin! I said "I hope that's not for me"! He promptly said "oh no that's for me" then tossed the muffin in the trash. As if that wasn't enough, I noticed the video playing on a tv mounted on the wall. Its suppose to show how they make everything fresh and how wonderful it all is. But, all I noticed was the big hairy arms reaching into the bucket of dough and the dough flopping over the hairy arms before being placed onto the cutting board. I realize that these things are over the top, but all that happened in the span of 5 minutes, which makes me wonder if I had taken the time to really look, what else I might have found? So, if you get a fly in your muffin or hair in your food, don't say you weren't warned!

• Visited January 2012