“Best service I've encountered” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GuestHouse Inn & Suites Hotel - Poulsbo

Save Saved
You added GuestHouse Inn & Suites Hotel - Poulsbo to your Saves list
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Hotel - Poulsbo
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   19801 7th Avenue NE, Poulsbo, WA 98370 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Poulsbo)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Poulsbo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“Best service I've encountered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

I've been to this particular hotel twice within a year and their service keeps getting better and better! Even thou the hotel is an older property, they do a great job of upkeeping with the high standards of Holiday Inns. Rooms are clean, near by everything, but most of all, the whole staff is so genuine and friendly! I will continue to go back there when me or my collegues are in Poulsbo....

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pollock Pines, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

If I could give negative points, I would. I booked online and received my confirmation of a Thursday night at $139 and Friday at $159. When we check out, we were charged $149 and $169 respectively. I asked why the price change at the desk and was told that I only reserved for one adult and the extra was for a second adult's stay. I went to the car and fired up my laptop, went to my reservation confirmation email and there it said my reservation was for two nights, 2 adults. I returned to the desk, with laptop in hand and was told the email was wrong. I contacted HI Express customer relations, who had Poulsbo contact me. This time, the explanation was that I had changed my reservation from Thursday to Friday and the rate for the weekend was higher. A new and different explanation, also incorrect. I replied, giving them the above reasoning as to why I wanted my money back. Since then I've heard nothing from Poulsbo, but have gotten a survey from HI Express relating to the Poulsbo hotel. You can guess that it was not complimentary! Lastly, the breakfast bar was not maintained, they were out of everything, even the signature cinnamon rolls!!
It's not the small amount of money, it's the principle.

• Liked — Comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — Overcharged, smoke smell in non-smoking room.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Poulsbo while traveling on business in both December 2007 and May 2008. I had no issues with the hotel - good continental breakfast (and close to a Starbucks), the high speed internet was actually high speed and the room was comfortable. There are not a ton of amenities and the bathrooms could use a little updating, but if you need a nice, clean place to stay on business, I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
La Center WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

A very nice place, quiet but neer shoping. nice area to walk your dog on clean grass. We were met with a walcome basket of goodies. We were allowed to check in very early. Blocks from the scandonavien waterfront,. The staff people were very friendly and helpfull. I can not recommend this place enough. Will stay again.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — No swimming pool but great hot tub
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2007

I spent a week at this hotel in November 2007. The stay was perfect. The staff was friendly even when I had 200 pounds of video equipment sent in ahead of time.

The packages were locked in a safe room for arrival.

The room was clean and nice. If I had one thing to change, I wish there was more television networks like Fox news and CNBC.

But that is minor.

Great stay.

Stayed November 2007
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

We stayed at this place on September 8, 2008, after attending a wedding in Poulsbo.

This is an older motel in a quiet location that was converted to a Holiday Inn Express. A few years ago the guest rooms were redecorated with triple sheeting, refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker. Our room had two comfortable double beds and its size was o.k., but I noticed that some of the other rooms are more spacious. We got a good night's sleep with the window wide open to let in fresh air but no noise.

The hallways were not spruced up at the same time as the rooms, and, as a result, they have a cramped and dingy appearance.

The desk staff was efficient and friendly, as was the woman who worked to serve a better-than-average Holiday Inn Express style breakfast which included everything you would expect plus yogurt, waffles, and fresh fruit (plums, nectarines, apples, and bananas they day we ate breakfast).

• Stayed September 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

This was a terrible stay. I won't be verbose, I'll keep it short as possible, but not leave out facts.

We arrived fairly late, there was no line, so a rush is not an excuse for what happened.

Quote from the 1-800 Holiday Inn number was $20 less per room than we were charged when we got to the hotel, same day. No offer by manager to match what we were told, just a shrug of the shoulder.

Hotel apparently offers no military or AAA discount. Who knows if that's really true, since the service was so poor, and the pricing disconnect wreaked of opportunism.

Hotel is "pet friendly". Not informed of such by the 1-800. Critical for those with pet allergies.

Front desk put us in higher dollar pet rooms when we had no pets. We "negotiated" into two non-pet, cheaper rooms. Why the negotiation if you don't have pets, and the non-pet rooms were already available? Why would you charge the customer a higher rate arbitrarily, unless you are dishonest?

One room had mold in the shower grout, along with a disgusting stain on the window curtains. Blood? Something else? No clue.

The other room had plumbing so bad, the bathtub had 4" of standing water in it after a shower.

I will say that the breakfast wasn't bad. Cramped, but you can only do so much with so little space. The lady tending the room seemed to be very friendly, nice, and attentive to cleanliness. I wouldn't want to paint the entire staff as horrible, I only dealt with one manager, and the breakfast room lady.

Perhaps the difference is who you deal with. No difference should be experienced though, treatment/experience should be the same any day, any time. Apparently not the case here based on some reviews.

I have already submitted an "official" complaint to the head office, we'll see how well they take care of customers. That is the ONLY way they can possibly get me to stay in another Holiday Inn Express.

All in all, if this was a $40-60/night hotel, this might have been expected. At $160/night, no way. I'll travel further next time to get ANYTHING else, and so should you.

By the by, I don't know how this hotel is ranked as an overall 3, when the reviews thus far tally up as 2.25. Hopefully with this 1, the hotel will be ranked closer to where it deserves.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Hotel - Poulsbo? Share your experiences!