“GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GuestHouse Inn & Suites Hotel - Poulsbo

You added GuestHouse Inn & Suites Hotel - Poulsbo to your Saves list
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Hotel - Poulsbo
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   19801 7th Avenue NE, Poulsbo, WA 98370 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Poulsbo)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brea, California, United States
“GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I travel throughout the US a lot for work and I recently stayed at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo. It was above my expectations, the Continental Breakfast was great, the service was exceptional and even the Jacuzzi area was nice and cozy. That's why I give the Pool section 5 stars. At the end of the day I just want to relax and be able to enjoy my trip and not have to worry about how clean the rooms are or argue with the staff about certain things here and there. Makes a stressful day less stressful with one less thing to worry about. Thank you again and I will definitely be staying here more often!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I came to Poulsbo for the marathon and chose this hotel because it was the "host hotel". The only problem was that as I drove into town my GPS (Garmin) didn't list the GuestHouse Inn and I hadn't written down the address. Then when I stopped at a pizza place to ask the drivers, they hadn't heard of it either.

A quick check via Google showed that the hotel is a re-branded Holiday Inn Express and Garmin apparently hasn't caught up!

Once there I entered the large, open lobby with fireplace and nice sofas and was welcomed with fresh cookies as I checked in. My room was a king-sized bed and it was large, clean with nice linen and toiletries, and comfortable. It also had a refrigerator and microwave.

Breakfast came with the room and it was a real breakfast with eggs, sausage, pastries, cereal, etc., that was constantly refreshed and cleaned. On race day the front desk extended me a late checkout so I could grab a shower after the race.

So if you are visiting Poulsbo I recommend this hotel and just remember to look for HI Express if your GPS doesn't show GuestHouse Inn.

Room Tip: My room was on the backside, upstairs, and very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in July ( this review was sent previously). This was for short stay medical. Check in staff front desk agent very nice and helpful. Room was great. Beds comfortable. Room clean and nice. Close to surgery center.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was in town on business and the staff did an excellent job with giving me direction, and helping me get around. Most important the room as well as the entire property was clean. A great place to stay for a busy person on the go. Thanks for the awsome service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

From the moment of our arrival, Micah and Cheryl welcomed us warmly and this mannerism continued until the time of check-out. Karen, who operated the Continental Breakfast was also very warm, friendly and very efficient in keeping the items in the breakfast room well stocked. The Housekeeping staff kept our room clean and neat and they too were friendly and warm. Our experience at the Guesthouse was very enjoyable. We would not stay anywhere else in this area. On a scale from one to ten with ten being the higest we give this Guesthouse and their staff a 10*.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 123 and found it to be just what we wanted.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I originally put off a little bit by the confusing 14 day non refundable rate. It should just be called a non refundable rate as it makes it seem as though you have 14 days to cancel. Upon arrival we were greeted by Amber who checked us in quickly in order to make sure we made it to a late night dessert that we wanted. She was positive, helpful and very genuine. When we woke the next morning and came down for breakfast Amber was there again, remembering us and assisting with getting us on a little walking tour of the town. That night Amber was still there but as cheerful as ever. Always making sure were greeted and had everything we needed. The room had some tired aspects but the price was very good and the service made up for any short falls that the property might have had. Thank you Amber, if you come to San Francisco, we owe you a DQ dipped vanilla cone! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Qualicum Beach, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel is a former Holiday Inn Express that has recently been converted to a GuestHouse Inn. My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in August 2012. Although the property and room were clean, the whole place could use some updating, including some soundproofing. We were located in a king-bed room with jacuzzi tub on the ground floor. We had a difficult time sleeping due to the sounds coming from the rooms above us. We could hear every step anyone made, the sounds of their tv, air conditioner, tub filling with water, shower running, toilets flushing ... we may as well been in the room with them.The jacuzzi tub we had was very dated and noisy. The bed was soft and the carpets worn. We also found no where to sit when waiting outside for our ride. No bench to be found anywhere. The free breakfast was okay, but they frequently ran out of food items. We found the price to stay here was way too high for the amenities provided, so we will NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, stay on the top floor to avoid hearing noises from those above you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Hotel - Poulsbo, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
I'm so sorry you had a dissapointing stay. I appreciate all comments by guests, good or bad.... Reviews from guests are a true gauge for an excellent hotel service we are striving for everyday! Again, sorry you had lots of noise issues as hotel was very busy during your visit with multiple groups in house and unfortunately the jetted tubs do make noise when its on. However, we do have restictions on them as guests are not allowed to use the jetted tubs past 10pm so hopefully that wasn't the case.
Rates in Summer does increase quite a bit, especially the weekends in Summer, due to multiple events in the area so please try us again in the offseason for a great value at our hotel!
As far as any seating areas outside, our hotel does have a bench outside by the entrance, as well as many seating areas in our quaint courtyard. It's possible that some guests might not locate any seating area but we do in fact have a bench near the main entrance, but is just around the corner from the main lobby. Thank you for your input and we hope you can try us out again if you're in our area!

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Hotel - Poulsbo? Share your experiences!