“No Frills - but no surprises either. Which is nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Poulsbo Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18680 State Route 305, Poulsbo, WA 98370   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
Vancouver, Canada
“No Frills - but no surprises either. Which is nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We inexplicably were assigned a "Handicapped Room" which was great. It afforded a bunch of "extra" space - especially in the bathroom. This was clean and quiet - we generally try to avoid accommodation with "exterior doors" - room doors that enter outside like an old style motel. But this was a sprawling inn that covered a significant amount of real estate. Breakfast was good - waffles, and the usual cereals, yogurt. It was worth the money spent - no frills and no surprises. A little tricky to enter though...still Poulsbo was really great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your comments are so happy that you enjoyed your time in Poulsbo. We hope that you come and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chehalis, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

In our 1st room, the bedspreads were covered in white dog hair. We were moved to another room with no problem, however the blankets in the next room had red/ orange stains and many holes. There were red stains in the carpet by the wash basin. This was discovered at 10 pm so we just bit the bullet and tried to sleep. The toilet ran as well. I used a towel as a blanket as I figured it was way cleaner than the bedding.
Pluses: very pleasant help, nice in-room coffee maker, microwave, and fridge, great location, fair rates.
Suggestion: The cookies at check in we're nice, however the memory of nasty stains is not . Please invest in new blankets, sheets, and carpet cleaning. You have a nice place, and I have stayed once before, expecting the same quality. I was disappointed and embarrassed because I was the one who chose the Poulsbo Inn. When you turn back the sheets it's good to only see white, and not look like someone walked across the bed.

Room Tip: I suppose you could ask to inspect the room before committing, probably wouldn't work for late a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I am sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. Unfortunately I do not know what room you were in so I can not check to make sure that these problems were taken care of. I know that we have never had a problem with dirty linens and they are washed daily. We do have a carpet cleaner every week to maintain our carpets, although there may have been a stain that would not come out, I'm not sure if that is the case in this instance. We always allow our guest to look at the room before they check in if they want to. I take all comments seriously and strive for excellence. I apologize for falling short of your expectations. I can assure you it will be taken care of. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.
Monument, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked this motel on line for $79.00 a night for 9/8/13 to 9/12/13 for a total of $350.00. When I arrived the clerk at the front desk said I don't care what your paper says your room will be $103.96 a night. so I decided to just stay 2 nights! Everything else was booked. The motel was old and needed some repairs. Very noisy, old tv, looked like a room from the 70's. WILL NOT RECONMEND THIS MOTEL!!!!! RUDE LADY AT FRONT DESK. NO BREAKFAST (WAS SUPPOSE TO INCLUDE BREAKFAST FOR THAT PRICE!!!!

Room Tip: not here!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I did check with Booking.com the website that you booked from and you reserved at was $89.00 + tax. You stated you had a pet and we reserved a pet room for you. There is a pet charge of $15.00 + tax per night. We did only charge you $79.00 for the room and $15.00 for your pet, with tax that is $103.96. We do have breakfast every morning from 6:30 am to 9:30am, I am sorry if you missed it. We are in the process of changing our TV's to flat screen TV's and are doing a building at a time. We would have gladly moved you to a different room if your room was noisy.
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Spent a few nights here on business, as the better rated hotels in the area were all booked. Not bad... but definitely more typical of a "motor inn" as opposed to a hotel. The room was clean, and had a rustic "homey" feel which nice. Bathroom was small and a bit dated. The only real complaint with the room though was that it smelled a bit musty - which was more noticeable if the room got warm, so I kept the AC down low to compensate.
Breakfast was pretty good! And the location is good as you are quite close to the "old town" part of Pouslbo, which is quite interesting with some good places to eat and shop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for giving us your input about your stay with us. I am sorry that your room smelled musty. If we knew what room you were in we could investigate the problem and correct it. We do not want any of our rooms to have a musty odor. We strive to keep our hotel clean and in good repair at all times. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments and we hope that you will stay with us again.
Waldoboro, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were in town for a family reunion. The place was priced great. The suite was quiet and fit five adults and one child. The pool temperature was right on as well as the hot tube. Breakfast offered many different choices. Any specific diet could eat there. The coffee was great. I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: We had one infant and five adults. We had a suite and it worked out well.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future.
Yakima
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Attended a friends wedding at Kiana lodge which was about 10 minutes away from the Poulsbo Inn over the labor day weekend. Group block was set at this motel for less than 100 bucks including tax so the price was real cheap over the busy weekend. But, me and my roomate had real tough time sleeping the 2 nights we were there.

First night, the alarm clock in the room had been set for 4:30am. Complete shock to the loud radio music going off in the middle of the night was so annoying! I ended up yanking the plug to stop it as I couldn't figure out the off button in my dark room. Who's responsibility is it to turn off the alarms after guests uses it?! I guess I'll be checking the alarms clocks when I travel.

Second night, since our room was right next to the highway so road noise was definitly bothersome but we had a group of late night partying guests next to our room. I have to admit it was with the same wedding group but we ended up with few hours of sleep and the travel back home was real tough!

• Stayed August 2013
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am sorry that you did not get much sleep during your stay. It is the housekeepers responsibility to make sure the alarms are shut off. We missed your room and I apologize. Unfortunately, we have no control over noisy guests unless we are told about the noise at the time. Our Front Desk staff always takes care of noise complaints immediately when they get a complaint.
I hope that if you are in the area again you give us another try so we can show you that we are the best place to stay in Poulsbo.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not a single complaint to be found. We stayed 2 separate times & both were great. The staff was wonderful the complimentary breakfast was one of the best ever. Since our kids bought a house we shouldn't need a place to stay next visit but if we ever do will certainly stay here

Room Tip: For the extra value get a suite which has all you cooking needs for lunch or dinner plus you get a b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy you chose to stay with us and glad your kids have bought a house in our area. It is a great place to visit and live!

Been to Poulsbo Inn? Share your experiences!