“Clean but Bed Not So Good” 3 of 5 stars

Poulsbo Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18680 State Route 305, Poulsbo, WA 98370   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
Tigard, Oregon
“Clean but Bed Not So Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

At least in room 18 the bed was jello sft and concave. It was so soft the sheets were off the corners by morning -this makes for a fitful night of sleep.
TV was smaller CRT - not LCD. Did have nice sized refer.
Again, it was clean but you may want to avoid room 18.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am sorry that you had a problem with your bed during your stay with us. We have put new beds on our capital improvement list. Thank you for writing a review about your stay. We appreciate all comments by our guests. We hope that you will come to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were in Poulsbo for a wedding; and, this was the hotel of 'choice'. Convenient, clean and friendly staff made this a perfect choice. Rooms were spacious enough, breakfast was complimentary (which made 'getting on the road that much easier' for the day) and the lobby provided free computer access. The Inn has 'outdoor' corridors which normally I'm not a fan of - but because there were so many of us - it was an easy way to catch people coming/going.

If you find yourself in need of a hotel in/near Poulsbo - I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There are Suites and Rooms. The rooms are sufficient, if extra space is needed - I would suggest lo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

After refusing to stay in the septic pit AKA Travelodge across the bay in Edmunds, we came across the bay to this place. Better rates, and the rooms were exactly what I was looking for. Needed a CLEAN place to spend the night, check my email and take a nice shower. More than satisfied, so gave this place highest ratings. Don't expect a 5 star hotel, but take what you would expect from that, and scale it down to what you'd like to see if you just had to check in later in the evening and planned on checking out first thing. They also offered a breakfast, there is a nice pool, I saw a room I could have done some laundry....all looked very nice. Didn't utilize these, but had I done so, am pretty sure based on my hotel experiences, that these would not have detracted from my experience and changed my rating.

Room Tip: Try to get something in the back as there might be a little road noise from the highway. Otherwise...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our property. We value all comments and learn from them. We hope to see you again in the future.
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a relatively large, inexpensive motel-type place located on the main drag of Poulsbo, a small town where we were visiting relatives. We just needed a place to sleep and take a shower, so in that respect, it served our purposes. The room was spacious and had a frig and microwave. It even had wi-fi that worked in our room, which was a nice surprise. But, you pay for what you get: there were no towels in the bathroom (but were delivered quickly when we called the front desk), the shower had no water pressure and sort of trickled over you, and the air conditioning (absolutely necessary in August) made alot of noise. So, I gave it an average rating because there were positives and negatives.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by not having towels in your room. The housekeeper must have forgot them. I hope that you let the Front Desk know about the AC and water pressure problems so that we can have our Maintenance person fix them. I hope that we see you again in the future.
Mission,BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We arrived in late June the motel was packed but the service was great, they went out of their way to accomidate our every need, the rooms where quite clean. The location was really good, not far from all the sleepy little town had to offer. The kids really enjoyed the pool and hot tub,
I would definitely stay here again when ever I'm in the area, great value. Half the price of a big chain hotel, twice the charm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Attended my cousin's wedding on the 1st weekend in August and Poulsbo Inn had been booked for the wedding group block. Although the group rate was real cheap especially being in the middle of Summer weekend, my friends and I ran into some issues.
First, the wifi in-room internet was snail slow! I ended up using the office computer for directions for the wedding activities. Problem with that was the lobby/office is so tiny and there were lots of other guests checking in during that time that people were hovering right over my shoulder so it was very uncomfrotable for me to check my e-mail/personal accounts.
Second, we had a room right next to the highway and it was very noisy at night time when I was trying to sleep.
Lastly, motel still uses the bed spreads from the 80's. I know they don't wash those daily so that's one of my pet peeves! It's 2013, maybe get rid of those tired/dirty bed spreads?....
Only reason we didn't complain to the front desk is that nothing could have been done for the reasons I listed, plus the rate was so cheap that it wasn't worth our time to try to get some discount off our rooms. Hopefully by next time I'm in Poulsbo, the owner(s) could do something about upgrading their bedding package!

• Stayed August 2013
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. In response to our bedspreads we are in the process of putting new bedding in our rooms and have completed half of the property so far. The bedspreads that are being replaced are only 5 years old and they do get washed. Everything that we put in the room is clean. We strive to make sure that each guest that stays with us has an enjoyable and comfortable stay. I hope that you will come to Poulsbo again and stay with us again.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The price was good for the area. The rooms were very spacious. It is located in a good place for walking to the cute downtown Front St. area...BUT...the first room they gave us smelled like dog pee and there were stains on the carpet (room 13). The staff as really nice about changing our room. So for the price I guess you take a chance at getting a good smelling room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by having to change rooms during your stay. We try to always insure our guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay with us. We have a carpet cleaning company in every week to clean our carpets to make sure we have no smelly rooms. Unfortunately, we must have missed a room that week. Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay and we hope you return to stay with us again.

Been to Poulsbo Inn? Share your experiences!