“Would go back in a second” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boise, Idaho
“Would go back in a second”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay with great food, hospitable hosts, and a relaxed atmosphere. It was just a short walk to both up and downtown. After a day touring the town my wife and I enjoyed an afternoon tea and coffee on the veranda overlooking the manicured yard that played host to the occasional deer that wandered through. We would be happy to stay there again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The quincy room has a very soft bed and for the first time in years, my wife (who has some back prob...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Renton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Dave & Carolyn were superb hosts! They've gone to great lengths to renovate the guest rooms & common areas of the inn, and it shows. We stayed in the "Fireside" room, which was wonderful. The bed was comfortable and we had plenty of room to spread out. The veranda is a great place for Happy Hour libations and snacks too! We didn't build a fire in the fireplace, but we were tempted (it would be a great "mood-setter" in the fall or winter). Breakfast was imaginative and well-prepared. I really appreciate Dave's knack for culinary artistry! Finally, if you like dogs, Liesl will steal your heart. We can't wait to go back...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

It was our first time at the Ravenscroft. We will be back next year.... The breakfast was wonderful and the atmosphere perfect.....There is no swimming pool - that's why I rated it as "terrible" :). The owners are friendly and very accommodating.

Room Tip: Try not to take shower during rush hour.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My hubby and I stayed here for a couple of nights during Jazz Port Townsend and we absolutely loved it. The room was lovely, the breakfast area/veranda was wonderfully inviting, the food was fabulous and of a very high quality, and overall it's a beautiful place to hang out. We highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Quincy room downstairs. Found the bed to be much softer than we are used to and the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I enjoyed my one nite at the Inn. The owner was welcoming and so helpful The rooms were very clean and quiet. The coffee maker was open all nite. You can be sure that you will get very good value for your money. Oh and the breakfast was fresh and filling! Next year we will book way ahead to get the weekend.

Enumclaw, Wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Recently re-opened after a very tasteful renovation.

We are repeat customers. There are deer walking around the neighborhood, and one is an easy four blocks to downtown. The return trip is up hill, but for that you are rewarded with a view. The interior is roomy and light. There are a variety of rooms to fit one's tastes and needs. The owners are pleasant, and the food tasty.

We will book here for our next trip to Port Townsend.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the website, then contact the host and describe your "style". I am certa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

First, let me state that I have been going to the Jazz festival for ten years and stayed all over Port Townsend in various B&Bs, including the Officers quarters in Fort Woorden.

This one tops them all for several reasons:

Great location
Wonderfully welcoming owners
Amazing furnishings, beatifully renovated and decorated, and attention to detail in the rooms
Scrumptious breakfasts -- Dave is a great cook
First class teas and coffees offered round the clock. I'm a tea connoisseur so I know...
Espresso machine in our room (Baker room)
Beautiful linens and super clean bathroom etc.
The support the local community and vendors by buying and being locavores
They help you with luggaqge and will carry stuff up to the roon for you ( in my case an iron and ironing board)
The owners have great taste and are so accommodating.

I cannot say enough nice things about this. And I'm so afraid that this place would sell out for the next year so I already booked my stay and will check out a different room. The word is out...this place rocks

Thanks Dave and Carolyn...Gary and I had the greatest time at Ravenscroft.

See you next year!!

Ruth and Gary

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ravenscroft Inn? Share your experiences!