“Bountiful Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Boston
“Bountiful Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Drove from Port Angeles for an evening dinner while vacationing on the peninsula and by luck ended up at the Public House. The standard pub fare is complemented by some additional dishes and the preparation for the four different entrees shared at our table were all very good. Surprisingly light on the microbrews from the northwest but not to worry there is still enough to choose from. Clean restaurant, pleasant atmosphere, and great service added to the enjoyment of our meal.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Centennial, Colorado
“Perfect fish & chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After a lovely walk down Water street, checking out interesting shops and the waterfront I asked where I could find good fish & chips, having heard that that was somewhat of a speciality. The Public House was decorated with colorful art, a beautiful high tin ceiling, dark hardwood floors and bar. The service was prompt, waitstaff friendly and courteous and food delicious. I ordered 1 piece of fish, battered & deep fried, it came with fries (chips) and a savory coleslaw that wasn't drenched in mayonnaise but rather had an asian vinagrette dressing, perfect. A most enjoyable meal.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sun City West, Arizona
“An appetizer that I went back to have for Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Went to dinner here with a group and we ordered this strange sounding appetizer, "Pig Wings" and could not believe how good it was. The rest of dinner was good but not as good as this appetizer. The 4 of us ate in the Bar and they are not used to serving full dinners there but they did a good job of accommodating our rather rowdy group. They also agreed to sell me a small bag of coffee since I had unexpected company and not enough coffee for morning. They couldn't have been nicer.

After my friends left town, I went back and ordered the "Pig Wings" for my dinner and it was even better when I didn't have to share. I sat at the bar and had great service and conversation. The "house red" completed the picture. All good. Try this appetizer...you will want more.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Thought we would try this place, as we always walk by & see they are busy...walked in & the first thing we see is waitress in a black dress 2 sizes too small with her "busoms" spilling out of the top-maybe she thought she looked sexy, but it was tacky in a family restaurant-the other waitresses didn't look much better-& none of them even smiled. They need a better manager telling them the appropriate way to dress & act to serve food. I had an average hamburger & my husband had a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch & just water...and the bill came to over $30. We are not cheap, but we could have gone to the fast food restaurant down the street & had better food & a lot better service & ambience for a lot less money. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wenatchee, WA
“Best Fish & Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The Public House has a casual atmosphere on the main street by the water, and the best fish & chips, hands down. The wait staff was friendlyand our order came in a timely manner. Prices are reasonable.

Visited May 2012