“We absolutely love it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Waterstreet Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Waterstreet Hotel
You added The Waterstreet Hotel to your Saves list
635 Water St, Port Townsend, WA 98638   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Shoreline, Washington
“We absolutely love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

My husband and I came here for an after the kids are grown up and to busy to spend all there Holiday time with just us, trip... last Thanksgiving and Fell in love with the quaint town. As for the Waterstreet Hotel rm # 19 is our favorite!!!! It is a bit quirky but that is what makes it amazing. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we took our kids,grandchildren and again had a wonderful time, of course we were in rm #19 and the kids rm #15. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel this is probably not your place, however if a good time and or family fun at a reasonable price is, I'm sure the Waterstreet Hotel won't let you down. :)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

The radiator in our room was so noisy that we were unable to sleep. It sounded like a class 3 rapids.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

Although we are old fans of the Palace Hotel, if you travel as more than a couple (with kids), the Palace can be pretty expensive, with not many rooms accommodating more than two. So we started staying at the Waterstreet and have found it comfortable and well-suited for my husband and myself and two teenagers.

We know about the pub music on weekend nights, so we stay on the third floor, actually in #16, which others said they didn't like so much, but I like it a lot. Two separate bedrooms, a kitchen and bathroom are definitely affordable, especially before summer rates kick in. It's very roomy and comfortable. Yes, the hallways are a bit dark, but so are the hallways of all the hotels in Europe. I'm glad it's not all chi-chi'd up like some of the quaint B+ B's with an overdose of floral wallpaper-- it suits our style.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

This is such a beautiful place to stay............for years our friends and family have stayed here.........the noise of the bar is not a problem....we have stayed on the second and third floors, and in just about every room and have enjoyed the atmosphere, the history....the help. Until MARY.....she has made all of us feel unwelcome, has been very rude and sarcastic......we are very quiet and clean.......( we are teachers) as beautiful as it is, we will not be back.......I hope the owners know what they have running their hotel.......it's a shame.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

We ended up staying here on a whim. Thought the place looked neat and only popped in to see what the rates were out of curiosity and after we looked at room #5 couldn't pass it up.
The room was incredible. Spacious, comfortable and quaint with an outstanding view of the Sound from out private porch with our very own swing.

The last evening of vacation looked like we had hit a grand slam as my significant other and I snuggled up on the porch swing and watched and watched the water slowly slip into darkness. That's exactly when the volume started to go up outside as patrons for the brewpub started showing up and yelling to each other from across the block.

We finally decided to go inside when a pickup with a gas grill in the back showed up to cook that evening's special. Each time the guy came out to throw another rack of lamb on the grill he was joined by a gaggle of very loud, half drunk friends who felt the need to yell at each other at the top of their lungs from just feet away.

Still once we went inside and closed the windows the noise abated but it was kind of annoying to be forced back inside for the amount of money we payed ($125 plus tax). The room cancelled out all the regular restaurant noise so that became a non issue.

The room was spacious, actually way too big for the two of us but we were sold on the view. You could easily fit a good sized family in there with the loft bed and daybed. The kitchen was a real budget saver. Like I said the room sold me.

But back to the bar. We didn't experience any live music on a Wednesday night in the off season. Still, at about 1:30am I was awoke by the sound of a gas engine running at top speed and a pressure washer blasting away right below my windows. I staggered around for a minute trying to figure out what was happening before I found some clothes to put on to go find the resident manager. Good luck on that. I called from the phone in the hall with no answer and found the door and knocked with no answer. While I was out I found the doorway to the fire escape had been blocked open as well as the door to the street wasn't closed.

So I guess what it all boils down to is what you are OK with. The place was awesome to look at and the rooms were incredible. If you were part of the crowd in the pub it wouldn't bother you but if you like some peace an quiet this place isn't for you. And their lassiez faire attitude about security of their guest was a real problem for me. There were other hotels in historic building that didn't seem to have the same hurdles as the Water Street.

LOL I am struck by the fact that I rated the Hotel overall as average and yet in three of the categories I hit it with 5 stars. Just goes to show you that there sometimes is an intangible that really hurts you.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

The halls are dimly lighted, dificult to see key lock, reserved room not available, given higher priced room with a tree for a view, above the LOUD MUSIC,reverly of the pub below,dimly lighted bathroom with narrow step up and into corner shower. I can't think of a reason to stay again- well the sheets and towels were clean. Charges on credit card higher than signed reciept.
Anne K.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
seattle wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

My Girlfriends and I chose this hotel for the location to spend our yearly 2 day retreat relaxing and enjoying the last gasp of summer. When the room was booked we were told that their could be some noise from the restaurant below since it was a holiday weekend.
We expected loud voices, clinking plates etc. We did NOT EXPECT A BAND SO LOUD THE GLASS IN THE WINDOWS RATTLED IN TIME WITH THE MUSIC WHICH WENT ON PAST MIDNIGHT. When we called downstairs to ask if we could move rooms they were full. But they offered us EARPLUGS! And when I said this was unacceptable they started arguing with me that we knew that it would be loud in our room!
I said she told me about restraunt noise. NOT STANDING IN FRONT OF A BAND TRYING TO SLEEP NOISE and that I wanted a refund an we'd be checking out in the morning. In the end we got the ear plugs and tried to sleep. But the next morning we
left a letter with the owner, my refund for the next night and a vow from all of us to never stay their again... we headed home that day since we could not find another place to stay. A great weekend ruined

• Stayed September 2009

Been to The Waterstreet Hotel? Share your experiences!