“Just okay (but with a nice view)” 3 of 5 stars

Harborside Inn
330 Benedict St, Port Townsend, WA 98368   |
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Seattle, Washington
“Just okay (but with a nice view)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010 via mobile

This hotel is a bit away from the main part of Port Townsend (so not a lot dining options in close walking distance - but in a safe area). It is clean, but the rooms are a bit worn out & tired. The staff is friendly. It is okay but not that great.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

The rooms are very clean and the staff was friendly for the most part. If you can get a room facing the harbor, the view is also nice. However, it is way over-priced for what you get! Granted we booked at the last minute (as in the night before we arrived) and it was the 3rd of July, but $150 is exorbinant considering the amenities. You don't always get what you pay for. :( The bed was hard and the pillows thin, so it was not the most comfortable night's sleep I've ever had.

I had a room all to myself, yet I never felt unsafe or afraid unlike another reviewer. Breakfast is your basic continental: milk, juice, coffee, muffins, cereal, bagels, etc. I had the muffins. They seemed fresh and yummy (not homemade fresh, of course, but not from the day old bakery, either). Bottom line, if you're very particular you probably won't care for this motel. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I was in a pinch, and now that I've seen the place I certainly wouldn't pay over $85/night to do so.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Goods: View was great with the harbor out the window. The breakfast was plentiful and convenient with children. Friendly staff.
Bads: The beds were so uncomfortable, which we were very bummed about. Theres nothing worse than waking up sore on vacation. They were painting the complex, the pool was closed and there were crews there at 7am. Too pricey for the room, although there aren't many choices in the area. My biggest disipointment - i saw the photos of the room on their website, it appeared to have been recently updated with new bedding, carpet, decor, etc. So I chose to pay the extra $10-20 for the upgraded room. When we checked into our room it was a blast from the past. Very outdated.

Would not recommend or stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Harborsideinnpt, Front Office Manager at Harborside Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Thank you for your review of our Motel. I apologize for the uncomfortable stay that you had with us. If the paint crew was here at 7am, then I would have been ecstatic! They were always late to come here since they have a 3 hour drive from Yelm! Every morning they have to pick up paint at the shop in Olympia, which opens at 8. If they were here at 7am, and making a ruckus, I do apologize greatly. We will use this review constructively to better ourselves and our service!
Alhambra, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Came to port townsend from seattle, and fell in love with this town! Our room was very spacious for a motel/hotel room, and we got great help with dinner recommendations. Room was clean and had a nice view of the harbor with the boats and a balcony to stand out in to take it all in! Had a pool but it was closed for now~

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Found a room last min in the evening without issues. Friendly staff and clean room. not much more to expect for a Inn. Stayed on second floor with ocean view, next visit I will try to get a third floor for bit better view. Stayed for 2 nites over the weekend and as always port townsend is an great place to visit.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
BC Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

We have stayed here 5 times. The rooms are clean, the beds very comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, and the breakfast good. The view of the inlet, mountains and harbor from the 3rd floor rooms is spectacular. The 2 terrible reviews posted in April and May had us concerned that the Harborside had gone downhill so we almost went elsewhere last week. We are glad we went back as nothing had changed from previous visits. And we will be returning in future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Greenacres, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

the room stank like a middle eastern goat herder had been living in it for the last six months.

the new carpet was the cheapest kind soaked in formaldehyde

the water had so much rust I couldn't use it and had to buy a gallon of water from the supermarket. I couldn't even bathe in it.

they had a housekeeper working in the room above me, walking around loudly, until 11 pm.

the room heat was a 50 year old fan powered unit that woke me when it came on.

the tv was not only not HD - this in a $100 per night room - but was a 15 year old tube model thrift stores won't even take anymore.

I've had better rooms in a motel 6.

I feel cheated.

I was cheated.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Harborsideinnpt, Manager at Harborside Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
I apologize for the uncomfortable stay that you had with us. Back in May, we did have the main water line burst in town and we had signs out and had calls to our guests to notify the situation. As for the housekeepers, they have no reason to be on the premise after 4pm ( when all the rooms have been cleaned and serviced), so all I can presume is that the noise may be from a guest upstairs. I apologize for the inconvenience, however we appreciate your comment and will use it constructively to better our service in the future!

Been to Harborside Inn? Share your experiences!