“Historic Manresa Castle in Port Townsend Washington” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manresa Castle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
Manresa Castle
7th & Sheridan, Port Townsend, WA 98368   |
Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Port Townsend
Stanwood
“Historic Manresa Castle in Port Townsend Washington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2005

Hello Everybody!

The Manresa Castle is a VERY Beautiful Historic place and I've been going to this Manresa Castle Hotel for the past 11 years since the Summer of 1994 It is a clean Hotel and The Service is Outstanding, Manresa Castle staff are Friendly "Compassinate People" I give my Respect to the Historic Hotel and People support It through out the Beautiful years of Business in Port Townsend Washington, I give the food a five Star rating and No the Manresa Castle isn't haunted by Ghosts just fun to imagine though.

May peace & Love be with you..... Always!
Angela,

Stayed July 2005

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2005

I stayed the night at the Castle and was showed all the attractions most graciously. I am doing a report on Manresa Castle and was able to gather much information.

I was able to enjoy all the Victorian Buildings in Port Townsen.

And yes I along with 4 other friends were able to experience some Ghostly happenings. The stay was worth every cent. I would and will go there again.

Bonnie

Stayed October 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

I absulutely love this place, its so pretty,the bed covers are very pretty the mattresses are new and it has old world charm the wood work around the walls is very exstensive and nice.the pictures of port townsend in the early years was very interesting.the food was exceptional, i would love to go there again soon.

• Stayed October 2005
Madeira Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2005

My husband and I spent 1 week at the Manresa Castle and felt as though we had stepped back in time. The Castle is furnished 99% in Victorian antiques, with more in the attic, which we got a tour of.

The rooms were modern in every aspect and very comfortable. Our room was facing the harbor and the view was breathtaking.

The dining room was at least a 6-star facility. The food was to die for. Our first night we had the "Steak and Lobster Soup with a Tomato Espagnole base and I would have licked my bowl if I was by myself. The entree was "Lobster Ravioli" with a white sherry sauce that was so good I can still taste it. The breakfast bar was very good with lots of fresh baked pastries, fresh orange juice, cereals, fruit, etc. Very good coffee, which is hard to find in a hotel.

The staff were most accommodating and invisible. I heard that they have 2 ghost rooms and will be on ABC's Haunted Places and can't wait to see
the story. We didn't get either of them, but did see the rooms, one in the hotel and the attic.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a romantic, pampering week-end. It would be perfect for a honeymoon, or a wedding. It was wonderful, and I can't say it enough. You can get info on the web at
----.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2005

My family and I had a great weekend at Maresa Castle. The service was excellent and our dinner was outstanding. My hat is off to the Chef. We will be back. Thank you for the great vacation.

• Stayed April 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2005

Wow, this place is stinky, dirty, dusty, outdated and sorely out of whack with its own website. We checked in and found our room, which was billed as a romantic one with a view. The 3rd floor, where the room was, looks like a office corridor, and the doors actually have transparent glass panels on them. It's drafty, smells like mildew, and not romantic by a long stretch. It looked and felt like a welfare motel. The bedspread had a huge brown stain on it, the bed was squeaky and tiny -- a double not a queen as billed, and the bathroom was some'50s formica fantasy in pink and white with glitter. It was awful.

The dining room was only open if you asked in advance, and it appears the entire operation is run by two people who are wearing lots of different hats.

We walked out, drove to the next town and never looked back.

• Stayed July 2005
, General Manager at Manresa Castle, responded to this review, September 3, 2005
Unfortunately our hotel is under attack by one individual. please read the reviews and notice that the three bad ones all sound the same. Everytime a good review is posted this individual writes in from differnt locations to send in a bad one. Please stop in for a tour of the Manersa Castle and see for yourself. Public is always welcome, to see for themselves. Please note, North West Best Places has always listed the Manersa Castle in its top picks for the best places to stay and dine.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2005

This was our favorite annual getaway so far. (15 years) My 3 sisters and I shared the tower suite, room 302. For $52 each it was more money than we usualy spend on a room but so well worth it. The ambiance was great and all the staff went out of their way to be kind and helpful. (even to the wonderful older man that tended the continental breakfast that was included) We try a new place each year so we won't go back as a team but we all are planing to take our husbands there.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Manresa Castle? Share your experiences!