“They moved!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Port Townsend, Washington
“They moved!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I used to eat here two or thre times a week while I was working...great soups!!! Everything else was excellent, too in this tiny place.

67% Recommend
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
“Good Eats”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

When they first opened up they were awesome...they are still good, a little pricey $$ but not as good as they used to be

Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas
“Austintacious breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Took an early morning ferry from Whidbey island to Port Townsend and ran into The Cup pretty quickly after disembarking and heading towards Olympic Park. Wishing for a good cup of coffee we stopped....and got more than we could have hoped for!

It was a beautiful morning and The Cup has a choice of two outdoor areas to take advantage. One with umbrellas on the individual tables and one with a canopy over the whole 'room'. Had a guy sitting off to the side playing guitar and singing quietly in the background...very nice!

Not a part of the actual restaurant but, very cool none the less; there is a smallish garden area between the street and the restaurant that was gorgeous and made for an extremely pleasant after breakfast/pre-drive stroll. The vibrant colors in this garden were a reminder of the Texas spring already 6 months gone.

The coffee was great, the setting so lovely we decided to eat. Prepping for a day of serious hiking ahead, I ordered a standard bacon, eggs and hashbrowns plate and a bowl of oatmeal. This bowl of oatmeal started me on my bowl-a-day plan, HA! Much different than the kinda flakey stuff we make at home. "Steel cut"; don't know what it means, but that's what they call it. Big, full-grain, chewey, delicious and really rib-sticking...that's what I call it! Add some of the omnipresent fresh WA state berries (any or all kinds!) a touch of brown sugar & cream and you have the breakfast nectar of the gods. Finished that up and recieved the next course. All I can say is that instead of a couple of whimpey, thin & undercooked strips of bacon that disappear when mixed up with my over easy eggs and hashbrowns; I got what seemed like a 1/3 lb of thick-cut crunchy goodness...my wife had some kinda breakfast sandwich dealie which she seemed to be quite enjoying....but I was so engrossed in my multiple-porkgasms that I can't really remember what it was.

This place reminded me very much of some of my favorite breakfast joints from Austin's good ol' days. An interesting mix of clientele, an eccentric and individualistic (but still very efficient) staff and downright excellent food. What more can you ask for?

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kampala, Uganda
“Fantastic breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in on our way to the ferry and had an amazing breakfast. The service was excellent, the food was hot and fresh and the price was great. Good breakfast places are not easy to find; this one is a gem.

“Cheerful, friendly place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

We are OTR truck drivers and often find ourselves jonesing for something that feels homey and comfortable. The folks at The Cup were welcoming and nice. Thanks to Russ and Sara for making us feel at home. Great breakfast, good coffee.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere