“Anniversary Celebration...” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Organic
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a full service restaurant and bakery/cafe. We serve Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch and Dinner in our Bistro dining room and on our outdoor Patio. We serve pastries and espresso in our lively Cafe. We are French inspired with an emphasis on the bounty of the Northwest. We are a Farm to Table restaurant, sourcing from our local Farmers Market, and directly from our Farmers, Fishermen & women, Foragers, Bakers, Ranchers and local Cheese Creamery. Come join us for a memorable meal!
Belfair, Washington
“Anniversary Celebration...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We went to Port Townsend to celebrate our Anniversary. Our innkeeper made the reservation for us. When we showed up to the Bistro, Julie met us and took us to our table. The restaurant has two sides. One appears to be more bakery oriented. The other side is the seating for dinning. The whole establishment is smaller in size, but that keeps the setting intimate and personal.

The food was excellent. We ordered the petite salad and French onion soup for starters. My wife ordered the Rack of Lamb and I ordered the Steak Au Poivre. They were both served perfectly cooked to our request. The taste was awesome. I highly recommend using the "fries" to dip in the extra veal-demi sauce. My wife and I are not drinkers of wine normally, but Thursday is 1/2 price bottle night. So we let Julie recommend a bottle for us. She gave us a little sample of the choices she felt we would like. We were not disappointed.

While the food was excellent, it was the service that caused us to return the next night. Our server, Julie, is worth asking for by name. She was timely, professional, and personal in meeting/exceeding all of our needs. At the end of our meal she sent us home with 2 heart shaped cookies to celebrate our anniversary since we were to stuffed to have dessert. She told us she could not send us home empty handed for our celebration.

We will return...

• Visited January 2014

Tacoma, Washington
“Usually they have decent food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We've eaten at Sweet Laurette's a couple of times. Their food is usually fairly good, however they are SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, so if you are in any kind of a rush, this is not the place to eat. Also, the last time we were there (three days ago), I ordered iced tea. I will grant that not a lot of people drink iced tea in the wintertime, but it so happens that I happily drink it year round. When I took a drink of the iced tea, I got a big gulp of MOLD. It was disgusting and I had asthma the rest of the day. So, be careful.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Washington
“Amazing Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was staying downtown in Port Townsend and wandered up the hill to uptown (worth the climb) to specifically have lunch here. When I tried during my last visit to PT, it was closed. I was not disappointed. You may think a grill cheese and tomato sandwich doesn't sound appealing but this was the most amazing grill cheese I have ever had. It was thick with a variety of cheeses, the bread was home made perfection, and the accompanying salad was perfect with obviously homemade dressing. The service was friendly and impeccable and the dining room darling. Prices are reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant. I can't wait for my next visit to try dinner there.

• Visited November 2013
Quimper, WA
“Skeptical, the name suggests deserts and coffee, much more is offered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My Brother in Law and Wife picked this place for dinner for the four of us. I am thinking this is the local desert place from the name. My brother in law and I order the Duck Breast and it is perfect along with everything on the plate. The salmon was a hit with my wife and sister in law. The plates were empty when we finished. So between the four of us we ordered two desert plates and split them. Great! I now have a new place to enjoy dinner in PT. Noticed a couple we know enjoying their 2nd anniversary. Service was perfect as was the wine suggestion. A great dinner. So this was a family visit, but it is perfect for couples and friends. This is a favorite afternoon place for my wife with her friends and many couples were here.

• Visited November 2013
Starksboro, Vermont
“One of the worst meals of my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and I ate here at the suggestion of our innkeeper. We arrived for our reservation and the hostess seemed put out from the start.
Our appetizer (a soup) was very good but my main entree -- duck breast which is supposedly a speciality -- came out dry, burnt and cold. The vegetables served with it were completely inedible-- pattipan squash. My husband's food was mediocre at best and also not hot. I think the waitress knew as she asked about all of our other courses but just kind of grabbed our entree plates and whisked them off as quickly as possible. Dessert was also very unexceptional.
The setting was noisy and offered no privacy whatever. I think it is a disservice to call this a bistro atmosphere ...
We had originally planned to go to Silverwater Cafe and will most certainly do so next time. Nothing could make me walk back into this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013