“Always perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 86 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: Organic
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a full service restaurant and bakery/cafe. We serve Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch and Dinner in our Bistro dining room and on our outdoor Patio. We serve pastries and espresso in our lively Cafe. We are French inspired with an emphasis on the bounty of the Northwest. We are a Farm to Table restaurant, sourcing from our local Farmers Market, and directly from our Farmers, Fishermen & women, Foragers, Bakers, Ranchers and local Cheese Creamery. Come join us for a memorable meal!
Seattle, Washington
“Always perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Sweet Laurette's is my go-to restaurant for brunch, lunch and dinner whenever I'm in Port Townsend. It's a cozy and warm perfect sort of place to spend a leisurely and delicious meal. They are helpful working around my food allergies, and the service is always kind and genuine. This is also the best place in town to grab a pastry and coffee to go, the pastries are baked on site and absolutely top notch. They can get very busy, as they are a wonderful place, so make sure to make a reservation and enjoy your meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Port Townsend, Washington
“Great Food and a Caring Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I eat at Sweet Laurette's at least once a week. We have our "date lunch" in mid-week, then sometimes take advantage of a weekend meal. Laurette's menu is varied and interesting, and her soups in particular are outstanding. Food is fresh, local, and seasonal. We've also enjoyed some of the special meals for occasions such as Valentine's Day.

Make sure you have reservations for the weekend, because the place fills up.

Another reviewer alluded to bad service. This has not been our experience. Yes, dinner is at a leisurely place...if you're in a hurry, go to a fast food restaurant. Every now and then, something goes awry, but the staff has always made it right, and the food NEVER disappoints.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cairo, Egypt
“Really nice and the waiting staff were excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hubby and I dined here for breakfast today. He had the porridge oats and I order the yogurt parfait. when my parfait arrived it was far too sweet for my taste and I was really disappointed. I explained to the waiter who asked me would I like something else. She recommended the granola with fresh fruit and offered to bring some yogurt as well as milk for it. She was extremely helpful & we enjoyed the experience. Would recommend here for breakfast, can't speak for any other time of the day but certainly the place was very busy at breakfast. Well done and the waiter who served us was lovely!!!. Might be an idea for staff to have name badges as it helps managers identify good and bad service judging by previous poster. Our staff member was lovely,female who thought we were Scottish!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Canada
“A Bad Taste”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I run workshops in Port Townsend and often have people from all over the world attending. Last night I was very embarrassed to bring them to Sweet Laurette. I'm going to start with leaving two tips for anyone visiting this place and you can read below why.

1) Service is painfully slow. Do not come here if you are hungry or in a hurry. You will regret it no matter how good the food might be.

2) If you are unhappy with the service and the food, say something immediately because the staff think they are doing a fabulous job even though it is completely obvious they are failing on so many levels. You should try to get your meal comp'd for poor service because they will tell you later they would have done it for you.

We had a table of nine people and half the table was ignored and the other half of the table had all the flirty attention of the waitress who made comments like she could take a bath in the beet soup it was so good. How inappropriate but then again I wasn't the target of such a pick up line just the person who made the decision to bring business to this restaurant. Because we were a large table and had previous issues with paying separate bills at other restaurants, I specifically went privately to the waitress to ask if we could have separate bills. She said no problem. Then 10 minutes later she comes to the end of the table she is flirting with and asks them if they want separate bills! Of course, these attendees have a bit of sense and send her back to me to ask in front of everyone something I had taken great pains to deal with privately.

The food took an extremely long time to come to the table and when it did, it came came out in dribbs and drabs leaving two people at the table without their main meal for almost the entire meal. And to add insult to injury the person whose meal arrived last had a side plate of three pieces of vegetables brought to the table as if they had been forgotten and were left off his plate. Just plain weird. Of course it wasn't the waitress who came over but the bus person. I felt so bad for her, sent to do the dirty work of the waitress and kitchen all the while the other end of our table (all younger men by the way) continued to get wonderful attentive services.

My own meal was cold and had clearly been sitting under the heat lamp for a while. I was SO hungry by the time my meal arrived, I didn't complain, I just ate it. Because I was there with a group from out of town, I did not make a scene about something that clearly the waitress (and even the manager/owner) should have been aware of. Like a scene out of one of Gordon Ramsey's "Kitchen Nightmares" episodes, the people here are either oblivious or don't care.

The half of the table that was being ignored decided to skip dessert while the side that was getting all the attention decided to stay. When I phoned to talk to the Manager, I was told she was too busy to come to the phone. Not sure why because it wasn't like she was working hard to get the food out to tables. I later found out she came to the people that remained and told them she didn't know the food was slow in coming to our table and some of us were not happy. If she had known she would have comp'd the meal. I don't believe this for a second.

I've owned my own restaurant and I can tell you as a manager/owner/waitress, you KNOW when you've messed up when it is happening. To say otherwise is a cop out and if it is true and you don't know the crappy service you are giving, you shouldn't be in the restaurant business.

The bottom line is I don't mind paying these kinds of high prices for food but the service MUST be there to support it. It doesn't matter how good the food might be, this kind of service does nothing but leave a bad taste in your mouth. NOT RECOMMENDED.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tacoma, Washington
“OMG! Eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

They close Mon & Tues so be sure that you are here when they're open. Coffee house on one side with café/restaurant on the other. Wow! Amazing food! Wish I was there right now!

Visited June 2013