“Very comfortable, clean and very hospitable” 4 of 5 stars

Tides Inn
1807 Water St., Port Townsend, WA 98368   |
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Port Townsend
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very comfortable, clean and very hospitable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2006

Last minute stay, but a very warm welcome. Shower had little pressure but room was clean and service was excellent.

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2006

Was given the Officer and Gentleman room as if it was a big deal. The room was very worn, ragged drapes, woodwork needed painting, dry rot in the bathroom floor. The staff was very nice, but the room needs a lot of work. Avoid it.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2006

We enjoyed the beautiful water view and the jacuzzi tub in the room too... But I left my brand new night gown there. We called the same day that we checked out and were told to call back tomarrow. The next day we called again and they couldn't find one of the maids. Then we actually went there the next day and asked about it. They said "Here's a Key" So we checked. NO NIGHTGown. Chessy furniture, yes. The Shower was nice, especially for someone tall. The funnny thing was the TEa party table that was 2 feet tall right by the window. A little tough for someone 6'5. Leave early for the ferry to Keystone or you won't get one and avoid eating at the downtown brew pub...

Stayed February 2006
Seattle WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2005

We were working in Port Townsend for 2 days and because of the heavy work load, the jacuzzi on the deck sounded like a rewarding end to the day. I booked the "suite" for $140.00 facing the water. The pictures on the web make the hotel look like something out of Cape Cod, but it is far from it!
Unlocking the door, the first experience is the smell of an old musty room. I opened the windows and doors just to let the air in, it smelled so bad. The furniture was dated and in disrepair. The fan in the bathroom ceiling was caked with dust and cobwebs. With no time to complain, I ran back to the job site.
Upon returning at 9pm, I went to the deck to fill the "jacuzzi" (which was really an indoor spa tub slapped on the rickity deck). To my dismay, the hottest the water would get was luke warm. A clear starlit night that could have been peaceful just made me even more frustrated.
Complaining to the desk clerk pushed me over the edge to right this. with an arrogant subtle smile and in a condescending voice said she'd "be sure to talk with the maintence person". Thats it? Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Tides on Aug 20th. We stayed in one of the deluxe king suites in the new building and it was nice, except for the ultra gaudy decor. The room was very clean, bed was cozy and it was very romantic to have a jacuzzi in the room. The view was excellent and it was so nice to drink our coffee on the deck and watch the ferry go by. The decor though...there are pictures on their web site of what I am talking about. Fake antique furniture, plastic that I think was supposed to look like carved wood. Not the quality you would expect in a $250.00 room! Over priced...but it is high season. If you can over look that part of it- It is a nice place to stay with a great view and we had a great time in Port Townsend.

• Stayed August 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

We stayed in the older section with a deck and a water view. This room was so over-priced it hurt. $110+tax for a small (tiny) room and everything in it was old (not a classy antique - old!). The shower was tiny and regulating the water was a challenge. I think everytime someone flushed or turned water on or off it adjusted the shower. There's not enough room for a shaving kit in the bathroom. This has to be the worst property for the money I have ever experienced. No AC and no screens on the window. Ripped screen on the slider. Came home with several bug bites of some kind. I wouldn't stay there again at half the price.

• Stayed July 2005
reedsport, or
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

Listen up! this is important!! I must warn you now! Do Not Come Here!!! the managment cares about nothing except what you have in your wallet. Do not expect them to answer any of your phone calls if you have a problem. THey will pretend that you dont exist! They will often lie and misslead you on how many rooms are available and what they cost. They will often tell you that nothing is left execpt one of their very expensive new suites. Yes they look beautiful, but everything is cheap!!! Often things break down or are not in running order. All of the rooms in the old building are old and run down. They have never been updated! Like I have stated before the managers care not about you and that you honestly get the best deal ever, they just want to make sure that you pay the highest price ever and make you think that you are getting the best deal imaginable! the beds are not comfortable, the comforter smelt like it had not been cleaned in 100 years. When we stayed management
tried to charge us an extra $100 dollars because someone thought we had a cat in the room. WE do not even own a cat, and even if we did why would we take it on vacation! Anything they can do to suck money out of you I guess. There are way better hotels for your money. In this cold, dark, damp town you are better off staying somwhere warm and worth the money. Consider yourself warned!

• Stayed January 2004

Been to Tides Inn? Share your experiences!