Their misrepresentation ruined our trip to the area with our two young sons.
Misleading advertising, classic bait and switch and their knowing we had no choice but to acquiesce to their illegal manoeuvres resulted in our having to accept the inferior room at a higher cost than advertised. This ruined our vacation in the area. The facts are:
1.We reviewed their website, which features pictures of new remodelled rooms, and makes the statement that “All rooms have been remodelled”
2.We phoned for reservations, requested a one bedroom suite as there were four in our party, were told they were nice new rooms, and booked at a rate of $140 per night.
3.Upon arrival, we were given keys to No. 12, one of which was not even the key to the suite. That suite as they know, is aged, is musty, has not been remodelled since it’s original conception many moons ago, and sports a ‘Magic Fingers’ bed from who knows how many years ago.
4.Upon our stating this is not what we ordered, we were told, after being stared at blankly like we didn’t exist, that we could have a new room, at a higher price.
5.This new room did not have a one bedroom suite, it was a double room.
6.We were told we could only have it if we paid a higher price than the $140, $160, and if we wanted it on the next night, being a Friday when nothing else would be available, the price would rise by another $60.
7.Being we were there with our 2 young sons, in from Calgary, Canada with no knowledge of the area, and wanting to have a vacation rather than a fight, we had no choice to acquiesce to this illegal and heavy handed tactic and utilize the inferior room at the higher cost.
8.This resulted in a stressful and unpleasant visit to the Port Townsend area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Many rooms boast private decks overlooking sparkling Port Townsend Bay. Protective windbreaks make year–round enjoyment eventful as the parade of ferries, fishing vessels and sailboats pass by. Take a deep breath of clean, fresh air as you revel in the sights and sounds of nature's seascape. Listen to the surf as it gently lulls you to sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Tides Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tides Hotel Port Townsend
- Tides Motel Port Townsend