If you want funky/shabby/dirty, book the Officer & a Gentleman Suite. We guess they have kept this "shrine" because the movie was filmed in Port Townsend and the love scene between Debra Winger & Richard Gere was filmed in this room. The only thing that might resemble the movie scene is the bed spread, which looks like it hasn't been washed since the movie came out in the early '80's! The so-called "kitchenette" is basically unusable, the cabinets look like they will fall off the wall any minute, and the refrigerator (which blocks the oven door) freezes everything. There are no cooking utensils. The sliding door which leads to the balcony is nearly impossible to slide and the deck is dirty. The Jacuzzi tub on the deck was dirty and not at all private. The windows are so dirty you can hardly see the view. The only positive thing about this room is the refurbished bathroom, which is quite nice, although if you weigh more than 175 lbs. you probably will not fit into the tiny shower stall. At $140/night we felt ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Many rooms boast private decks overlooking sparkling Port Townsend Bay. Protective windbreaks make year–round enjoyment eventful as the parade of ferries, fishing vessels and sailboats pass by. Take a deep breath of clean, fresh air as you revel in the sights and sounds of nature's seascape. Listen to the surf as it gently lulls you to sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Tides Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tides Hotel Port Townsend
- Tides Motel Port Townsend