“Atmosphere and class” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ashland, Oregon
“Atmosphere and class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Want to know what it feels to live in the Victorian era by the port in Old Port Townsend? This is the place--great view from Miss Lily's Suite. Felt like we had gone back in time. Desk people were friendly and helpful. But was it hot in the room . . . and it had nothing to do with Miss Lily's profession. Thankfully the desk gave us an extra fan to help. Wish there had been better ventilation though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Spokane Valley, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I did a long weekend around the coast so we only had one night here at the Palace but we were wishing it was several at least! The old architecture is fantastic and we were very comfy in the bed. The modern and clean bathroom was very nice as well. TJ was at the desk and he was very nice to make a recommendation to us for coffee and dessert at the Silverwater restaurant around the corner. We had a short but lovely time and can't wait to come back again!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 7b and the ghost visited our room in the middle of the night and jiggled the door knob...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Ever since my first trip with my daughters, this has become a favorite spot for a weekend getaway. Each room is uniquely decorated and cozy and reasonably priced compared with other historic gems in the area. The larger rooms with kitchens have everything you could possibly need including flatware and pots and pans; these are by far my favorite.

The staff are welcoming and accommodating. The first night, the girls peppered them with questions about the history of the hotel and chatted up a storm (my youngest is particularly prone to long bouts of story-telling to any adult with ears). Now they know some staff by name and hugs are traded round when we arrive.

The best part is It is located in the heart of everything. Our favorite shops and restaurants are a short walk away.

I've been to other hotels in Port Townsend, but because of it's uniqueness and super staff, we've become quite loyal to the Palace Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here for my first night ever in Port Townsend. I didn't know what to expect from the town, but once I arrived, I realized that staying downtown in an historic building would add a lot to the memory of my first visit.

The building is kind of amazing as it opens up. The innkeeper was really nice and let me wander around to choose a room, which I loved. Part of the experience is seeing the whole building. I chose a room on the third floor, though some of the second floor rooms were enticingly comfortable, especially Miss Laney. I felt that the value for the price was very good. The rooms are all tasteful and comfortable, and many have interesting bathrooms.

My room was enormous and had a great view of the ferry docks through wavy, original panes of glass. Love! I was very comfortable, aside from the tiny bit of heebie-jeebies I get sometimes staying in creaky old places by myself.

If you are looking for Best Western-type sterility and convenience, you will be disappointed. If you are looking for century-old charm, originality, location, and a quirky memory from a unique town, you won't be sorry here. I stayed on a Monday night, so I can't speak to the quietness of the place. However, the seagulls kept waking me up...but that's probably one night out of my life that it's happened that way, so I'm not complaining.

What an amazing spot!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have a great view of the ferry docks and the harbor. Loud seagull noise, though.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kent, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Palace Hotel is a wonderful place to just get away. The management is very friendly, the hotel itself is just beautiful and everything is so clean! I loved staying here and will go back on a regular basis. Can't say enough good things about this place! Even the spirits are friendly!

Ghost Lady

Room Tip: Restaurants are within walking distance also! Very nice location.....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Visits to The Palace Hotel have become annual affairs for us. Loving restored turn of the century house of ill repute (we stayed in Miss Abegail's room). Bobby greeted us again a made us feel at home. Hotel is located in old Port Townsend's center. Our favorite wine shop is next door and all shopping and restaurants are within walking distance so park your car in the hotel's lot and leave it there. One caveat - this is an old buiding with twelve foot ceilings and the lobby has a mezzenine so there are about thirty feet of stairs to get to the first floor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
North Saanich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this quaint Hotel in the "Miss Rose " room. The furniture and décor is Victorian and very well put together. The service was phenomenal, Rob was very helpful in acquainting us with the town and making sure we had all that we needed. The hotel is very clean and the staff assisted us with all of our requests in rapid fashion.
For all you two wheelers out there like us there is 24 hour motorcycle parking in many spots on the main street (Water Street). There are many wonderful places to eat and/or have a cocktail or two. We weren't able to try them all so we will just have to go back....darn more of the local beer to drink.
Thanks Palace Hotel and staff for an excellent stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Palace Hotel Port Townsend? Share your experiences!