“What a weird server.. Oh he's the owner.” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“What a weird server.. Oh he's the owner.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Me and a couple friends stopped for lunch after a long boat ride whale watching on a Sunday afternoon. We were warmly welcomed and proceeded to sit outside. We were given water by a man and I asked "can you tell me what soups you have today?" and he replied "yeah." ...... Then finally told me what they were, not describing them at all and I had never heard of either of them. He did give us samples and the cheese soup tasted like nacho cheese you get on top of nachos at baseball games.
As for the lunch experience, I ordered the club. It does not come with cheese so I asked to add pepper jack. The sandwich came with no cheese. I went inside (because I never saw our waiter after he gave our food) and said "my sandwich didn't come with cheese like I asked, so I don't want to be charged for it" he said "it comes with cheese" me: "no it doesn't" he said "so your sandwich has no cheese?" me"no" so he suddenly said "FINE."
What? Turns out this guy is the owner...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Puyallup, Washington
“generous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The portions are generous and delicious.Thick cuts of bread for sandwiches, interesting, yummy salad dressings and dipping sauces. Commando

Visited July 2013
Long Beach, CA
“Great food and charming location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our lunches tasted great including the homemade pie. However, we couldn't figure out the very slow to non-existent service. Since we want to support local, family-owned businesses, we really hope the service issues are addressed quickly.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very sweet cafe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We had the soup of the day, cream of brocoli, and muffaletto sandwich. Both were good but not as wonderful as I had expected. It is really cute and comfortable. They have a wonderful baked goods case and all of it looked wonderful.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Chilliwack
“Great Mom and Pop place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This place is a bit off the main street, but worth the walk. The owner is very friendly. We didn't have anything to eat, but the coffee and lemonade were great. Had we been hungry, we would have eaten here.