“Food was good, but the linens were filthy” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Bellevue, WA
“Food was good, but the linens were filthy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our server was quick and the food was good, but if I'd seen the state of the table linens before I ordered, I would have left. The tables are covered with glass tops, underneath of which were linens cloths the draped well below the table. As I left, I looked casually at the other tables within my view and all the cloths were dirty, but the corner table where we sat was particularly filthy. The plastic folders for the menus were beat up and stained, too, with lots of tears. To the owner: cleaning costs for linens and getting new menus printed are a taxable deduction, please take advantage of it. Hudson Point Café (for breakfast) was universally recommended to us from other restaurant servers as well as our hotel, and I guess that's a commentary about the other dining establishments in the area that serve breakfast. It would be nice to find a clean spot to eat. If the linens are that bad, I'd hate to look into the kitchen.

Visited June 2013

East Haven
“Food and Service Very Good, Cleanliness an Issue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My sister and I breakfasted here while on vacation. We like to eat at restaurants frequented by locals, and this cafe seemed to fit the bill. Our food was terrific, I had a bacon waffle which tasted as good as it sounds. My sister also enjoyed her food. Our server was wonderful and her visits timely.

The only problem was the cleanliness. The tables are covered with linen maps that act as tablecloths and hung down the edges of the tabletops, topped by clear glass or plexiglass. The portions of the linens which were not under glass, were absolutely filthy and looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months, or perhaps even longer. We didn't notice until after we had ordered, or we would have left. If there's a visual problem in the dining room, which of course, is open to public view, what kind of food safety standard is being upheld in the kitchen? In spite of the great food, we ate at other restaurants the rest of our trip.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Can't wait for my next meal there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a fantastic dinner at everyone's PT favorite, the Fountain Cafe, and stopped at HPC almost as an after-thought on our way out of town. Wow! The quality of food and preparation is the rival of any restaurant in ... you name the place. The coffee even was fantastic. And the from-scratch lemonade to die for (I had seconds). What's more, it's an interesting place, with geological maps under glass at tables, great artwork on the walls and views of the marina. And, oh, did I mention the service was great?

Visited July 2013
“Fresh and quick lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Entree salad with grilled chicken for me and wilted salad with beets and candied walnuts for my husband. And, a side if curry potato salad. Wonderful, tasty, spicy. What more could you want. And, all at a great price. If you want fancy surroundings you are going to have to go somewhere else. The servers were polite and knowledgable. Would definitely eat here again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“Scrumptious Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Cozy cafe on the Port Hudson's Marina point. The Chicken Enchilada scramble was absolutely amazing. Great service, coffee, and atmosphere.

• Visited July 2012