“Worth a look” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bremerton, Washington
“Worth a look”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We just spent a night at the Inn for a short get away. I was a little apprehensive after reading the reviews, but didn’t experience any of the problems noted. We had a nice room with a view of the marina and felt the price was fair for the quality of the room. There seem to be other places to eat, but we ate in the Inn’s restaurant for dinner and breakfast. It was a good meal both times, fairly priced, but not cheap. We had good service from both the front desk staff and the restaurant staff, friendly and willing to answer any questions. The location is lovely, if remote. There are nice walking trails or other activities within driving distance.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

The room was overpriced. Ask for the resort fee to be waived as it feels like a cash grab. I am sure there are better deals in the area. $134 a night was a bit much for what we got.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Port Ludlow Inn on the night of our wedding (we got married at Port Gamble). We had a beautiful corner suite with a jetted tub and everything was perfect. The hotel staff even left a chilled bottle of champagne and two glasses in our room. In the morning we saw a family of sea otters playing outside our balcony window. We had a delicious breakfast at the hotel restaurant - the coffee and eggs benedict were excellent. With its close proximity to our wedding venue (less than 15 minutes from Port Gamble), Port Ludlow was the perfect place to stay. We look forward to returning to Port Ludlow Inn on anniversaries and staying in the same suite.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
North Bend, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

The hotel is beautiful. The views awesome. The rooms just as advertised. The downside is that the Harbormaster restaurant nearby has closed and the only option is the hotel dining room, the Fireside.
It is obvious, although most of the staff was good, the restaurant can't handle being the only place available. We did have one staff member, Cynthia, who was rude and obviously a shortimer there. She rudely took our reservation for dinner and then promptly forgot to enter it. When we went down to dinner, the hostess graciously came through. Dinner took awhile and the steak we ordered had to be sent back. There was no real problem but it was disappointing especially since this is a pretty pricy place. Breakfast was a disaster. We waited over an hour after we ordered to receive the food. Other diners who came in after us were served first however their order was all wrong. The waitress was fine but the kitchen is obviously stressed. I could have made the breakfast myself in half an hour.

Again. Stay here. It's beautiful. Don't dine here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I had to stay here for two nights to be with family members who were staying on their sailboat in the marina. The room was $169 + $10 for the "resort fee" + lodging tax + tax = ~ $200/night, way too expensive for a roof over your head, but there was no place else to stay since I had no car. The Inn is very nice; the room was large with a fireplace and jet tub in the bathroom and a nice view of the marina. We had lunch in the restaurant; the food was good but on the pricey side. The best thing was that Port Ludlow Days was going on, a small but fun local festival with music, crafts, art, etc.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

The group I was with took over the entire hotel for a three day conference. I was miffed because this is *not* an easy place to get to. It's in the back of beyond, and there's no transport from SeaTac directly to the resort. I understand now why the organizers selected this location. This is *THE BEST*.

The staff is unbelievably friendly and helpful. Roberta at the front desk always seemed to be right there with the answers, no matter how many times I called.

The food is incredible. I live in Las Vegas. I'm used to good food. This was superb. Great selection and variety. Friendly, helpful and attentive staff. Knew the answers. Almost knew the questions before I asked them! I *never* had to wait for a coffee or water refill. They were on top of it.

My room was lovely - spacious and low key. Two easy chairs in front of the gas fireplace. The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. And the oversized whirlpool tub - bliss! The room is very understated. Beautiful artwork that didn't demand attention, but was worth a long appreciative look. Huge frosted windows into the whirlpool area - you could open them or leave one or both closed. No claustrophobia here!

My view was the marina. I loved watching the boats going in and out. And a huge variety of wildlife all over. There was a baby bald eagle on the totem pole the last morning I was there!

There are large meeting rooms. And they had put up a large marquee over the back lawn, in case it rained. It didn't rain while I was there - sunny and beautiful!

There is a spa and golf course. No time for me, but there for folks with more leisure.

This is a magnificent location. I hope I'll be going there for many years for this conference, and on my own just because it's so wonderful!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

The staff are amazing. From checking in with Roberta to morning coffee with Marge, and dinner with Brenda, Allison and Josh, you couldn't hope o find a better group of people dedicated to making your stay comfortable and memorable. The location is spectacular, the views stunning, and the occasional eagle, otter, heron sitings just serve to remind you how lucky you are to be able to spend time at this amazing place.

• Stayed July 2010

Been to The Resort at Port Ludlow? Share your experiences!