“Solid choice, all things considered.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Pasco

You added Red Lion Hotel Pasco to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Pasco
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2525 North 20th Ave, Pasco, WA 99301 (Formerly Doubletree)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Pasco
Portland, OR, USA
“Solid choice, all things considered.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Pasco has limited hotel choices, although the Tri-Cites (add Kennewick and Richland) have more choices if you are willing to drive quite a ways. The Red Lion is an older but generally well-maintained convention style hotel. Staff were courteous and efficient. Room was fine - nothing exceptional, but nothing bad except for generally showing its age. Except the tub/shower: caulk and grout are badly in need of cleaning and replacement. Anything that looks like mold in a shower is a bad thing even if it isn't mold. Beds and bedding were of a good standard and comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We attend a convention here every year, and the staff is great at putting up with all of us! However, they never seem to staff the resteraunt very well, and you would think after 9 years of this, they would get the hint. Besides, the food isn;t great in the little one. They used to have a coffee bar in the lobby, but now it is in the resteraunt and those people don't know how to make an espresso to save their lives. There is a great coffee stand in the parking lot, so that has been my saving grace!! Overall, worth the money to stay

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Great experience. The front desk staff was awesome. Nic checked us in and gave us an upgrade. Our room was a Parlor Suite with a jetted tub. Andrea was the agent in the morning when we left. She was very helpful with all my questions regarding the area. My only complaint would be, is that when we asked for a roll away bed, we were charged $10.00 for it. No one told us there would be a charge. But with that being the only very minor downfall, we will definately be visiting again in March!!

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade. You never know, you just may get one. Also, make sure you sign up for the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Liberty Lake, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Worked for BNSF and was issued a room that was bug infested as well as pubic and other body hair. Management took their sweet time to avoid me and to issue me a new room. Management's solution was to move me but not offer any services to wash my clothes and belongings that were also infested. To add insult to injury, this same manger defamed me to protect the Red Lion contract with BNSF. This cost me my job as well as contaminating my home when I arrived there. Try explaining that to your wife and kids. This hotel is filthy and so is their Grizzly Bar ( I don't think they have ever cleaned the counter under the blender and registers). Male bartenders spend more time socializing with the waitresses than taking care of their restaurant customers. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this roach motel. It could and probably will cost you your home life and your job like it did me.

Disliked: Rooms, Service, Location, Food, Value,and most of all MANAGEMENT'S VINDICTIVE BEHAVIOR

Room Tip: Good advice is to stay away
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
monhamme, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pasco, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
We take any claims of this nature very seriously and immediately sealed the room. Although we found no evidence of any bugs, we hired a licensed pest control specialist to inspect as well and he also found zero evidence of bugs in this room. Official reports on this matter were provided on their findings.

BNSF has been a valued client of Red Lion Hotels for years and we look forward to a continued relationship with this fine company and its employees.
Okinawa-shi, Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I was born and raised in Pasco and the Red Lion being there as far back as I can remember she has stood toe to toe with the sands of time. This trip was the first time back in 16-17 yrs. The front staff was very friendly and helpful (Jason) went above and beyond the normal and we were very happy with the whole Red Lion experience. To: Jason we will see you soon well in 2 yrs. 宜しくお願いします we have started planning our next vacation. Thank you

Room Tip: Just ask; the staff was very helpful and accommodating.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

The facility in itself was fine. The room was clean and the king-sized bed was very comfortable. However, we stayed at this hotel because we were celebrating a friend's birthday in the Grizzly Bar below. It was a Friday night, and there was salsa dancing in the bar. The crowd was probably 99% Latin Americans/Latin American descendants. My husband and I each had a drink and then I went to ask for a glass of water at the bar, and the bartender told me that they only had $2 bottled water available on that particular night. (I understood this to mean that when the Latin Americans were there they only had $2 bottled water and no tap water.) When the bar closed, the bouncers - like 5 of them - corralled us to the door. It was really weird and pushy. We barely got to say goodbye to our friends before they were pushed out the door. They tried to be nicer to us once they saw us turn around to go back to our room, realizing we were hotel guests. Strange. Honestly, if you are going to cater to the Latin American crowd, you need to be more culturally sensitive and let them say goodbye to their friends before pushing them out the door. You can expect it will take them a little while to do that. What's more, I don't think even Anglo-Americans are that quick at getting out the door when the bar closes.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
monhamme, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pasco, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom, particulary the beds, during your stay! Thank you very much for letting us know how the closing of the bar made you feel. According to our liquor laws we cannot have anyone in the bar after 2am, so we have moved our closing time up by 15 minutes to allow the additional time for our patrons to exit at a more leisurly pace. Again, we appreciate your bringing this to our attention! I look forward to future feedback on this!
Weiser
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I was very dissapointed by my experience at this facility. I had reservations for a double King room that was to adjoining to a room my parents were staying. We were in Pasco visiting my nephew and his wife and doing some steelhead fishing. When we arrived to check in, just before 3 pm, my parents were able to check in while I was told my room was not clean. I left my cell phone number and went to visit family expecting a call to let me know when my room was ready. I returned at 9:30 pm to find that the room had not been cleaned and they had not figured out what room I was being moved to. I waited for approx. 30 minutes for them to finally decide that they could not replace my double king and I was put in a single queen. I asked if they would clean it for me to move into the next day and was told no, they were too full. This reasoning made no sense to me as I was willing to vacate the single by putting my luggage in my parents room, but was again told no. The desk clerks idea of compensation was to give me 2 vouchers for a drink at the bar, 10% off at the resraunt or a free breakfast buffet. I used them for breakfast but felt this was a very small gesture for the difference in the rooms. I was awakened every morning by doors slamming on the airport shuttle at 3 am.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Lion Hotel Pasco? Share your experiences!