“Don't order the pie.” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Puyallup, Washington
“Don't order the pie.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We ordered pie for 4. Big mistake. The pie was dry and tasted like it was sitting around for 2 weeks. Can't believe the owners allow the servers to give this garbage to the public. Recommend you call Chef Irvine from Restaurant Impossible before you go out of business.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver
“Very good value and selection. Friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

There prime rib steak is excellent. Size for soup and salad is kind of small. However, baked potato was great.

Visited August 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Questionable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Went "high end" to be safe and ordered Prime Rib. Got sick quick. The quality of the food here is questionable and it was a terrible cut.

Visited May 2012
Olympia, Washington
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Loved it that they served us breakfast for dinner, even though the menu said that breakfast was not being served.

Visited January 2012
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Breakfast-yes, lunch-maybe, dinner-no way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I come to Packwood as often as I can to play on Mt Rainier. If not backpacking, I stay in town. I usually have breakfast at Peters Inn. The breakfast is ok, they are good about portion downsizing if asked and the staff is usually upbeat and fun. It's not uncommon to see elk grazing from the windows. Unfortunately, on my last recent trip I and a friend had dinner in the lounge. I had the prime rib special. I should have asked for the manager, owner and or cook when the meal arrived. There was a roughly 3inch square of fat (no kidding) attached like an appendage to what I think was the main piece of meat. It was hard to tell. Whatever it was it wasn't eatable, the meat I mean. I almost took my friends dinner but I was no longer hungey after this presentation of food. I can't imagine this would have been any better a meal if it was served in the restaurant instead of the lounge. It wasn't a busy time and we were getting very poor service anyway so we just paid and left. Peters Inn, I know you can do better. I have been coming to Packwood for about 7 years and have had more than one good dinner and fun times in your lounge. My friend lives in Packwood and commented that they have heard rumors about bad meals and poor service lately. I know you will have to offer me a free trial dinner and some assurances before I come back for any evenings of entertainment or drinks again.

• Visited October 2011