“There's nothing more I can add” 5 of 5 stars

1320 Main Street, Oroville, WA 98844   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oroville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Custer WA
“There's nothing more I can add”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

to the other reviews. Only motel in Oroville, right in the center of town. Restaurants, video rental / bookstore / museum within easy walking distance. Accommodations basic, but clean and comfortable. Wifi speed good. Online reservations system a little dodgy, be sure the confirmation e-mail matches what you requested - if it doesn't, call the motel and they will sort it out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Clyde A, General Manager at Camaray Motel, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Our online reservation requires our manual input and we do make mistakes once in a while. Great tip for any reservation. Read your reservation confirmation carefully and call the motel you booked at if there are any discrepancies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kangaroo Flat, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at the Camaray because I didn't have a reservation for any place in Osoyoos, B.C. and hotels in that town are always packed in July. So I drove across the border and found Camaray. The rooms are clean, the amenities such as beds, bath linens, TV, etc. are about what you'd expect from a low-cost hotel in the U.S. countryside. Not a bad price for a night's stay -- $60 for myself in a room with two queen beds. What makes Camaray a treat is the manager (sorry I didn't catch his name). He's a friendly, chatty guy who'll fill you in on whatever you want to know about the local area, talk politics, offer you Oreo cookies... He even let me park my bicycle in his workshop overnight because I was worried it might get stolen from the back of my pickup. I haven't met many innkeepers who are that amenable.

Room Tip: Ask the owner for a good room -- he'll oblige!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Clyde A, Manager at Camaray Motel, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Sorry if I was just a little too chatty. I'm hope I'm only chatty with chatty people.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our family has been coming to enjoy the beauty, warm, clean water and the plentiful heat and sunshine for 3 generations in Oroville Veterans Memorial Park while staying at the Camaray Motel. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable. You have everything you need: fridge, microwave, DVD, WIFI, satellite TV, pool right within walking distance of restaurants, park, stores, spa and grocery store. The management is very friendly and accommodating. Why spend hundreds of dollars across the border in Osoyoos to have the peace and relaxation of Oroville!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Blaine, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed for one night on June 29. It was a lovely, clean room. Owner sent us one cup Cherry, they are very nice and helpful. Hotel is in town center, it is easy to find restaurants and shopping store.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
The free cherries are courtesy of an orchard owner who stays with us during cherry season!
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It might be the only motel in Oroville, but it's a great value. It's reasonable, well-run and well-maintained.
The managers are superb and the TV and DVD player are up-to-date. Parking is a bit limited, but that's a minor annoyance.
Also, it's within walking distance of at least three restaurants.
Oenophiles are advised to check out the local wineries.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Clyde A, Owner at Camaray Motel, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Our biggest complaint.... 28 parking spaces for 39 rooms! Sigh. I didn't design the place. Thanks for understanding, as most guests do. As the on sight owner/manager, my own vehicle must park on the street through most of the summer.
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had to grab a room in Oroville. A friend told me of the Camaray. I'm sure glad he did! The young couple at the front desk were great. They only had 6 rooms left when I arrived.I didn't have a reservation but they got me a great room. Very clean, nice flat screen TV, security cameras, and very quiet. I will be back soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Great to hear that our subs (my wife and I are not a "young couple") took good care of you in our absence. I'll be sure to pass it along.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

.we relocated from the coast to be closer to my mother .ended up staying for three month's.before we where able to get are own house .the rooms where. clean and the staff friendly and helpful.all of the time .Good people.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Camaray Motel? Share your experiences!