“A real LIFESAVER!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Canyon Golf Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orondo
Desert Canyon Golf Resort
You added Desert Canyon Golf Resort to your Saves list
1201 Desert Canyon Blvd., Orondo, WA 98843   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orondo
Seattle, Washington
“A real LIFESAVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stumbled acroos this resort by accident but had an outstanding trip. We checked in and the first thing the kids wanted to do was go swimming. I let them go "wait" for me outside while we got settled in, another guest that was in the pool area which was gated and locked let the kids into the pool. My 5 year old son was a little to excited and ran and jumped right in to the deep end of the pool. He's just learning how to swim and a lady that was in the pool area jumped right in fully dressed to get him out. She reacted so quickly the other parents said they didn't know what to do. She got him out of the pool and made sure he was ok. By this time I had heard all the noise and ran over to find her sitting with him soaking wet making sure he was ok while my daughter ran to get me. The pool does have a sign up that states there is NO lifegaurd on duty. But the Shannon whom I later found out was the manager didn't hesitate to jump in and save my son. We are so greatful for her being around!! She went out of her way to make sure the rest of our stay was outstanding even giving the kids pool toys to play with so my son wouldn't be to scared to go back in the pool. We know it wasn't her "job" to save him but we are thankful she acted so quickly and did. We even offered to pay for her cloths which I'm sure were ruined but she wouldn't take anything from us and simply replied she was just doing her job. Besides that we had a great stay in a very confortable room with everything you could possible need to enjoy a family trip. We were shocked to see that the unit's were set up just like our home with everything you need provided. The price was VERY affordable and even allowed us to stay and extra day which the family loved. All of the stafff was very friendly,helpful and knowledgeable but we fell Shannon went above and beyond to make us welcome even helped plan our day's activity's for us. We travel all over and never recived such person care or treatment as we did while we were there. We would highly recommend this resort to everyone!! We are already plannig another trip over ths summer. Thank you again Shannon and your staff for making this such a great trip for us!!!

Room Tip: All rooms face right out to the beautiful golf course. We had a ground floor right by the pool which...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lake Stevens, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just returned from a four night stay at the Desert Canyon Lodge. It simply doesn't get any better! Nice property, competitive price, and great service. Shannon was excellent in every way and took extra care to ensure our stay was positive. Thanks Shannon!

We played the course three days in a row. As usual, it was impeccably groomed and the people in the clubhouse, snack bar, and restaurant were simply outstanding. However, be warned: Be sure to book early T-times as the afternoon is usually very windy and VERY slow. You just can't beat this resort.

Room Tip: Opt for the larger one bedroom... it's worth the extra bump in the rate to have a little breathi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

What a great place to stay,Shannon is back and the lodge is in better shape than the last two years. The rooms are in excellent shape and well stocked for cooking and a great grill to barbeque.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We have stayed at this "resort" twice now and we are headed back for a 3rd stay this coming weekend. Located about halfway between Wenatchee and Lake Chelan, and 4 hours from Seattle, this is a great little golf resort that has turned into more of a timeshare property. That's not all bad as the rooms come equipped with full kitchens, laundry, and higher end room amenities. Most rooms have great views of the golf course and surrounding valley.

The good notes include a great golf course, though slightly over-priced on the summer weekends ($75-$90.00), and a fun 18-hole real grass miniature golf course that is lighted for the evenings. The room rates are the biggest plus. We booked a 1-bedroom suite (900 SF) including one weekend night for only $89.00 per night! This same room in Seattle at a similar quality hotel runs high $200's or more. Typically not very busy unless a wedding or special event is going on. A decent restaurant is located on-site so you don't have to drive anywhere, which is good if unless you feel like driving 30-minutes to either Wenatchee or Lake Chelan for meals and entertainment options. If you're looking for a weekend getaway, a stay-n-play golf resort, or just a great-priced resort experience, this is good option.

Room Tip: Go for the 1-bedroom unit for an extra $10-15/night as it comes with a separate jacuzzi soaking tub...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oronodo WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We are back at Desert Canyon and excited about a new year. The golf course is in excellent shape and the pro shop is stocked like I have never seen it. Great selections. The restaurant is excellent and the coffee shop is always a good stop! For the first time in the five years I have lived here I stopped at the Lodge. I was happy to see Shannon back at the desk and she offered to show me one of the rooms at the lodge. I had never been in one and was so impressed with the amenities and the decor. New wi-fi has been added and it looks like a brand new facility. You need to see for yourself and enjoy this jewel of a resort that we have been enjoying for a few years..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Lynden, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed in the 4 bedroom casita and had a great vacation! Everything was clean and organized. The resort was beautiful and the staff was excellent, treating my children like family. We had a wonderful time and will be back for sure!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have traveled many places in my career and my work required internet to stay connected both in a personal and professional manner. I have been going to this place for years but the last two have been somewhat unpleasant due to internet connectivity in the casitas. We specifically asked if the internet was working when we booked our week there in Dec 2011, since I figured I could get some work done and have a short vacation with family too. Long story short, the internet did not work in the casita the whole time we were there and I lost days of work. Each day we were told it was going to be fixed. Not so funny thing is this exact same thing happened to us the year before. Can’t believe I fell for it again. I do understand they were going through some management changes at the time. Now the point of writing this review is not because of how dissatisfied I was about the internet not working, although it did cause issues not only with my work but my attitude. The purpose of the review is because of the manager that was on duty there. His name was Graham. Although we did not start off on a good note, I can say he handled the whole situation with professionalism and was very respectful. I cannot say that was the case from the lady (Shannon) that was called in to fix the internet. She told me one thing and did another. She failed to communicate with manager Graham at the time about a discussion we had the previous day concerning the internet issue. I know this cause some issues between me and Graham during the checkout process. I want to thank Graham again for his professionalism during the whole situation and especially at the checkout. Because of his calm actions as a manager in being upfront and honest and making my trip worth it, it did make me want to come back again in the future and speak positive of Desert Canyon once again. It is managers like Graham that make the very unpleasant situations seem not so bad. Graham’s management should be proud of how he handled this situation. Keep up the great work Graham!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Desert Canyon Golf Resort? Share your experiences!