“s-l-o-w” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
olympia, wa
“s-l-o-w”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Very slow service. Decent food. The restaurant was crowded when we showed up, so I expected things to be a little slow. But, c'mon...it shouldn't take ten minutes to get a cup of decaf. When my eggs and hash browns came, it took over five minutes to get my catsup. I saw the waitress take a big squeeze bottle of catsup and squirt it into a little ramekin. The same kind of thing with the jam that I asked for. I know you're trying for the whole made-from-scratch-organic thing. But, save yourself some time, and just put catsup and jam on the tables. This place was just okay.

Visited October 2011

Richmond, Virginia
“Awesome Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I'm not sure why this restaurant has not been reviewed before, but we were very happy to have found it. It is a small place with indoor and outdoor seating. It was full for breakfast, and many of the tables were clearly local folks. The atmosphere was comfortable and fun, and the service was great. They have many unique breakfast entrees. We ordered the last of the lemon blueberry blintzes and corned beef and poached eggs. They were great, as was the coffee. It was exactly what we were looking for, and I highly recommend this restaurant for a local flavor and great food. The restaurant is located in the shopping area of EastSound.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pacific NW
“Don't miss out on Mia's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We went to Orcas Island for a weekend getaway. We decided to just walk around one morning and find a place to eat breakfast. The first place we stopped did not accept debit cards, so we continued on. We saw the sign for Mia's and decided we'd eat there.

Mia's is a itty, bitty place. Every table was occupied. The food, lattes, mochas and service was FANTASTIC! The only thing I would have changed was the family with the crying child who refused to take him out of the cafe. Which simply meant that breakfast wasn't very peaceful. My latte made me semi-forget about the little cryer.

I appreciated how clean the environment was. Dishes, silverware and glasses weren't spotted with goo from the previous user. The staff was great, showing utmost patience, even with the family and the crying kid. The food was excellent, and I don't think there is anything you can pick that's wrong on the menu. We loved Mia's so much we came back on our second morning for more!

• Visited August 2011