“Great time with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We depart at the Orcas Island Ferry Dock for Whale Watching and Light House tours. 56 foot "Orcas Express"U.S.C.G. lic. 48 seats, heated cabin with restroom and upstairs, downstairs outside. Professional naturalists, under water hydrophone system, listen to the Orca . We serve small or large groups. We host weddings and parties. Our vessel has hydraulic stabilizers for a more comfortable ride. We pride ourselves, on our well maintained vessel and our educational environmental awareness program . We run with b20 bio diesel.
Eastsound, Washington
“Great time with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Whale watching in the San Juans is always a good time. I live on Orcas Island and when friends or family visit they always want to go and I never get tired of it. Bring a warm jacket no matter what time of year it is because out on the open water when the boat is moving it can get a little chilly but you want to stay outside the cabin so you don't miss anything. They have binoculars on the boat but if you have some bring them and a camera for all the wonderful pictures you'll be able to take. Captain Ron, Denise and the rest of the crew are the best in the business and by the time your trip is over you will feel like you just made new friends for life.

Visited May 2014

Olympia, Washington
“Great tour run by great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I took my family and a friend's family on the whale watching tour this last weekend. My wife did all of the research and planning, and I didn't know what to expect...I imagined an open-air boat, nowhere to sit, not something fun for young children (we have a 7 month old). I was very wrong. It is a spacious, clean boat with lots of room for people to sit inside. Every seating area has maps of the whole area, charts with information about all of the wildlife, and binoculars for viewing. The staff is so informative and friendly we wanted to put them on the Christmas Card list. They rove around the boat for the whole tour answering questions, helping people spot wildlife, and informing anyone interested with their vast knowledge of the area and the wildlife. I would recommend Orcas Island Eclipse Charters to anyone and I would go on a tour again in a hearbeat.

Everett, Washington, United States
“Family Whale watching trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Had 6 of my family members with me this trip we saw some Whales and seals lots of birds its always nice to come up and see the Islands on the Orcas Island Eclipse Charters they are the best boat to go on take the ferry out of Anacortes to Orcas Island and get out there and see the Whales....

Covington, Washington
“FANTASTIC!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

What a great way to enjoy an Easter Weekend! I took my 66 year old Mom and my 11 year old God Daughter on this cruise the Saturday before Easter.

The crew was incredible! My Mom struggles to walk and they took extra care to escort her to the boat and be sure she had a good seat for the experience and they checked on us constantly. In addition the naturalists were awesome with the kids (and the adults) telling stories and sharing information about the beauty we were experiencing. And of course the best part...whales! We saw a pod diving and frolicking for about an hour. The captain took us right to them and it was the most beautiful sight I have seen. I have lived in Washington for more than twenty years and this is the first time I have seen Orca wales, and this is my second whale watching trip.

This organization is TOP NOTCH!! Comfortable boat, extra attention from the crew, and unbelievable knowledge to share. We all had a blast. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Now to get my Dad up from Tucson Arizona. He was jealous to hear my Mom's stories! :-)

Dearborn,MI
8 attraction reviews
“A top-flight experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were on a whale-watching cruise in September and it was fantastic! We saw LOTS of Orca whales and many were definitely up close and personal! One pod swam right under the boat.
The captain and crew were very friendly and professional.
I would highly recommend this tour if you are in the area.

Visited September 2013