“I love the Sicilian burger!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 309 Restaurants in Olympia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Designed with the entire family in mind, we strive to meet and exceed guest expectations by offering the friendly and familiar with a unique and unusual twist.The fare is fresh and local. The burgers are the best in town, Natural Northwest beef hand forged and full of flavor. The root beer is made right here in the restaurant. The bar boasts rotating craft beers, from European imports to neighborhood favorites. And the desserts? There’s a reason we list them on the front of the menu.If you have dietary concerns, tell us about it and we’ll make it right. Special orders or substitutions? No problem! The way you want it is the right way.
Ellensburg, Washington
“I love the Sicilian burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place is a little on the pricey side for my tastes, but has AMAZING hamburgers and fries. Not your average fries, more like jo-jo's but crispy and without the weird spices. Any time I'm in Olympia I try to stop here for a burger.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hoppenings, Manager at The Iron Rabbit Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We're so happy to hear that you love our Sicilian Burger, it's definitely a fan favorite over the years, as are our fries. We look forward to seeing you again when you're in Olympia!

Seattle
“A nice blend of choices for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We met two of our friends for lunch. They'd not been to the Rabbit for a long while, it was the first time for us.
While the atmosphere is decidedly 'Typical Restaurant" with booths and tables, the food was much more.
The booth we sat in was rather small, and none of us are 'big' people.
I ordered the lamb pita. It came perfectly cooked with a serving of goat cheese on the meat that went perfectly. The pita bread was not your typical flat stuff you get from the supermarket, it was either made right there or made by someone who knows how a pita is supposed to be. My husband had a burger. Our friends had the baba kanoush? (spelling) and the wild salmon salad. Everyone enjoyed the meal. Oh, I also had a side of garlic fries. Oh my gosh, YUM. They were baked (not fried) perfectly, without an ounce of greasiness and the garlic was smuck on in amount and coverage. I'd go again just for the garlic fries!
The Iron Rabbit is known for it's selection of microbrews. While all of us (save me, I don't care for beer) are microbrew aficianados, none of us ordered it as it was noon.
The service was good,if a bit distracted. I ordered the salad with no onions and it came with onions. That was immediately rectified.
The music is unnecessary, but I can't think of a restaurant that doesn't have it playing. Nevertheless, it was low enough in volume that one could carry on a conversation without having to shout or strain to hear.
The nice thing was that even though we had all finished eating, we were still allowed to sit and talk for a while. We wouldn't have done this had there been a lot of folks in the restaurant, because it's rude to tie up a table. But the fact that we were allowed to is nice.
I'll definitely go again.

Visited February 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful review. It sounds like you and your guests tried a good selection of our menu offerings. We apologize that your salad was served with onions, but happy to hear it was fixed immediately. We are always happy to have folks hang out for a bit when they're done with their meal, and glad you felt comfortable to do so. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in.
Olympia
“About Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch there on Friday without a reservation. I ordered the Garlic French Dip with a coleslaw side dish. The bread was overly toasted and the meat was dry. I'm not sure where the garlic was supposed to be. Overall, the FD was okay. However, the slaw was old, lifeless and tasteless. The coffee was good as was the service.

Hoppenings, Manager at The Iron Rabbit Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review and feedback. We apologize that the French Dip and Coleslaw did not meet your expectations. We appreciate our guest's feedback, and would like the opportunity to speak with you further. Please feel free to contact us at info@ironrabbit.net . Thank you again for your thoughts, and we hope you'll come in again.
Olympia, Washington
“Neighborhood walk-to restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Surprised by the more formal feeling last time I visited Iron Rabbit. It could have been because it was New Year's Eve! Each meal has been very good, pleasant to look at, and fairly priced. We like to eat in the bar where it is more private than the wide open dining room. Our servers were excellent and well versed in the restaurant offerings and drinks available. My husband ordered his favorite, Fish and Chips, and wasn't disappointed. Flaky, lightly breaded fish with a side of coleslaw and roasted potatoes. I ordered the Smoked Salmon Alfredo. It wasn't too rich with each bite having a lovely flavor. We finished our meal sharing a type of Creme Caramel that was divine.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hoppenings, Manager at The Iron Rabbit Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your great review! It's great to hear that you ended 2012/started 2013 with us, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. The bar tends to have that more cozy vibe than the dining room, and is perfect for date night. We hope your 2013 is starting off great, and we look forward to seeing you and your husband again!
Olympia, Washington
“Best garlic fries ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The first time I ordered the garlic fries there were 15 whole, roasted cloves in the serving. And the fries were perfect also.
The menu is varied and innovative. Have never had a meal that wasn't worth returning for.
If you have room, the bread pudding is the perfect ending to the meal. We always share it. I have never been able to eat the whole portion alone.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hoppenings, Owner at The Iron Rabbit Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Jim we are glad you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Make sure to save room for that bread pudding you love!