“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Olympia
Burlington, Washington
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was greeted upon entering the lobby with the smell of fresh baked cookies placed at the front desk for all to enjoy. This added to the friendly welcome by staff that encouraged me to take advantage of their free local newspaper offering as well as the free continental breakfast the next morning. The room I had was clean, comfortable and quiet. The flat screen TV with a nice selection of channels was appreciated. Also the hair dryer and iron/board came in real handy. And I was pleased that accommodations were made available for smoking. If you're looking for plush towels and fancy comforters or a large breakfast buffet you are going to have to spend a lot more money some place else. If not, the Capitol Plaza is a great value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Not the newest or the cleanest but clean where it counts. There were several paper remnants left from the prior guest that should have easily been cleaned up, but weren't. However, the bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was also clean but showing some age. The breakfast was what you would expect for this price, but it is only a few block walk to downtown and good coffee and food. Will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Roslyn, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My coworkers and I stayed here for two nights in December, 2012. The rooms are small, but comfortable and updated and have all the ammenities you would need. The location is great - it is between the Capitol Building and the downtown area, so it is easy to park your car and get everywhere on foot. My only complaint had to do with the heater in the room - it was too hot if you left it on, but I woke up cold when I left it off. Requesting an extra blanket from the front desk should solve that problem. I'm travelling to Olympia for work again next month and will stay at the Capitol Plaza again (& I'll request an extra blanket this time).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chattaroy, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed over just one night on Dec. 13, 2012. The folks there are very nice and accommodating. We called ahead to see if we could check in several hours early, and it was not a problem. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. It included a flat screen TV. Likewise, the bathroom was very clean.

The one thing that was unusual: After they ran my credit card and I had signed off on the charges, I was informed that they would need to run it again in the amount of $50, which was to cover any damage we did to the room. I expressed surprise, as I have never seen this done before, and I've been around for 75 years. I told the lady I would sign it if she would personally come and inspect our room at check-out and refund the $50 if there was no damage, as I did not want to get a days travel down the road and see a bogus charge for damages. She agreed to do that. Upon check-out, she did follow through and the charge was deducted from my charges.

I know motels have more than their fair share of theft/damages, but I do think adding
a damage deposit after you have already committed to pay for your stay causes an issue of distrust to exist between the parties.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Belper, Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Came across the hotel whilst looking for somewhere to stay downtown. Very friendly staff. The rooms are fine, a little dark but for an overnight stay just fine. The king bed was very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. Cable tv and free continental breakfast, this was very good value for around $75. The location is great a few minutes from the Capitol building and downtown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Planning out a trip is not big on my list and finding accommodations is always hard to find specifically what your looking for and that is why I am writing a positive strong review on Capitol Plaza Hotel.

I Was driving down I5 and thought it may be nice to stop at the state Capitol as the sun was setting we thought it would be nice to stay in town for the evening

we had done some sight seeing and stopped a family bike riding and Capitol Plaza was his first recommendation.

Easy to find,parking at the front door ,Handicap accessible coffee,cocoa ,tea and snacks in the reception area.

Very pleasant front desk staff very clean rooms ,quiet and a lovely little area for

breakfast as a Canadian I had never seen a do it your self waffle maker,that was cool there was a selection of muffins ,bagels breads cereals and real coffee.
Capitol Plaza Hotel is centrally located to the Capitol legislative buildings,and down the street is The old state Capitol building called the OSPI Built in the early 1900's

it is now The Board Education which houses students art work ,I saw the building as I left the hotel and pulled over to investigate the structure it is a must see and free.

I really like the port area with Anthony's there as well. Really liked Olympia and give Capitol Plaza Hotel a top rating in my book

Ondeane Jurbin Certified Dental Assistant

Vancouver BC Canada

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Staying here one night and a great value. Clean rooms, very nice. I guess some people have bad experinces but mine is good. Very helpful front desk, even changed our room to one with a better view. Rooms appear to be newly renovated. Bed very comfortable.

Room Tip: If you need ask for "look see" before getting a room.