“Great food, neat space” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 262 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone Number: (360) 754-9623 Grand Opening was May 3, 2011! Specialties La Petite Maison is set in a newly remodeled 1903 home that complements the French country-style cuisine. Chef Wells offers seasonal, local ingredients classically prepared and matched with an exceptional wine program. The expansive menu covers classic French fare (such as duck confit, cassoulet and house-made pates) as well as inventive creations such as lobster pot pie and crispy pork belly with hazelnuts. Along with the regular menu, a nightly prix fixe menu is offered. The prix fixe menu highlights the freshest ingredients available each day and provides Chef Wells a creative outlet to utilize his most advanced techniques. An extensive wine program features wines from the most classic and well-regarded regions and producers from France as well as Washington wines. Chef Wells offers personalized wine pairings to best complement the cuisine. History Established in 2011 After several iterations of restaurants in the space, the new owners of La Petite Maison are thrilled to restore the building to its original charm choosing to keep the original name of the restaurant that first opened in 1977. Now offering seasonal, local ingredients classically prepared and matched with an exceptional wine program, La Petite Maison is the South Sound region's only French restaurant
Washington, United States
“Great food, neat space”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I recently tried this restaurant and came away very happy. We had wine, appetizer, salad, entree, dessert and coffee. Everything was delicious. The pork belly was cured in house, the pea salad was my favorite, and my husband said his steak was great. We will be visiting again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Jupiter, Florida
“A Little Slice of Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband is in the wholesale/retail food industry in NYC, well established over 35 years. Suffice to say, from NY to L.A., ( and beyond the USA) we have dined in many fine restaurants. We were in town visiting our newly married daughter and son-in-law who spent the week introducing us to much of the local fare. While all of the restaurants were delicious, we found most of the menus in town to be very heavy and saturated with 'hearty' comfort foods forcing us to return to our hotel feeling like hibernating bears ready to fall into a food coma! I did a little research online and found La Petite Maison...such a breath of fresh air! This is truly the crown jewel of Olympia, albeit a hidden a gem. We loved it so much, we returned the next night for a repeat performance! The first night we were a party of 4, the second we returned with a party of 7, both nights all parties agreed, the food was superb! This has become a family favorite, we look forward to returning to this restaurant each time we are in town visiting our children.

• Visited July 2013
Pacific Northwest
“Splurge on the "Pre-fix"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I love watching foodie shows, and have been sad never to have eaten at a French restaurant before. Hubby and I went here for a date night on a Saturday and had no idea they didn't open until 5:30. The door was in an odd location and confusing to find. But, the owner/chef saw us peering in and let us in 15 minutes early. The menu looked amazing and the server/owner did a fantastic job describing the food and convincing us to try the "pre-fixed" 5 course selection of the evening: Carrot soup, clams, foraged morels with sauce on a pureed potatoes, chicken with yummy sauce, and creme brulee'. I will say I like clams breaded and fried and/or in clam chowder but always swore I would not eat them from the shell (too much grossness), but they were damn-fine-tasty! The soup was fluffy for lack of better word, and amazing, and I truly despise carrots. We were able to eat all 5 courses and bread, and not feel over stuffed. The meal presentation was beautiful, well paced and took about an hour and a half which felt like 45 minutes. Everything about it was perfect. Expensive ($160 for two) but sooooo very worth it. And who knew? I love clams!

• Visited March 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Why go to Paris?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We just dined again last evening at La Petite Maison for our 35th anniversary and we were once again treated to a divine dining experience! We recently had a marvelous visit to Paris and the cuisine last night rivals any meal we had there. We will continue to consider this restaurant as the best in Olympia. We will return whenever we want a special meal or just a bowl of French onion soup. Congratulations to Justin and Zoe for providing Olympia with this amazing treasure. We have never been disappointed and look forward to our return.

• Visited June 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Like on the Champs-Elysees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nice change from before, upgrades are perfect. Reminds me of another world with a similar ambiance. Staff are very personable and inviting. They made me feel like I was in their home as a personal guest. Food was well presented and heavenly. Tenderloin served as tender as any I've ever had, melted to my palate like ambrosia. I've only had one French Onion soup as good, and that was served in a Cave near Ramstein Air Base - wonderful! I note an excellent well stocked cellar but did not imbibe thereof. I fully enjoyed my dinner until I stepped out of the restaurant afterwards, only to discover I wasn't actually in Paris, didn't see the Eiffel, nor the Arc de Triomphe, but rather, Black Lake Blvd ... bubble popped right there. However, I will go back once more to reward my palate and reminisce. Excellent

• Visited January 2013