“Great Vietnamese & Thai, informal, downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Thai food
Description: Thai food
Olympia
“Great Vietnamese & Thai, informal, downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great food, fresh, well done, in a very informal atmosphere that is kid friendly, and you can feed your whole family very reasonably. Very close to Percival Landing boardwalk and to Capitol Lake, both of which offer great after-dinner strolls.

Visited January 2012

Olympa, WA
“OK for Change of Pace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Nice place. Could be better, but I eat there sometimes for a different selection than other restaurants.

Visited May 2012
Washington State
“Mini Saigon”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The food is generally excellent, but last- time the food tasted like perfume! Yuk! What the hay happened? Very disappointing for this otherwise good restaurant.

Visited July 2011
Washington
“Good Vietnamese food, good friendly service, good family vibe.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We went on a busy Arts Walk evening and it was pretty full, fuller than I expected for 8 p.m. We were greeted and seated quickly and a pleasant young woman was there to take our order almost sooner than we were ready! She was busy and the place was busy but she had time to be friendly and I know how she fit it all in...she walked fast! We had spring rolls and they were quite good for restaurant fare, attractively laid out with good amounts of pork and shrimp. We also had beers but sadly no Vietnamese beers so we consoled ourselves with a couple of Tigers!

The decor is plain but it's clean and comfortable and with the good vibe and good food, it's a good place!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Come for the food, stay for the friendliness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I always head for Mini-Saigon when I'm in Olympia, largely because it's my son's favorite Asian restaurant, but also because I love trading wisecracks and banter with the owner, who knows us well by now. The food is great, a mixture of Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai items. My favorite is the Vietnamese egg roll salad with the sweet rice vinegar dressing. The pad thai with dried shrimp is also good, while my vegan son loves the fried rice with tofu. There's also a nice selection of beers, but I recommend the Chinese brands, Tiger or Tsingtao. The portions are large and the prices are very reasonable: our last dinner there, with my order of Tiger beer, was $20. The owner often will wait on the tables himself and chat with the customers, which is a fun addition to a good meal.

• Visited September 2011