“Expect to wait” 3 of 5 stars

(360) 352-9888
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fujiyama is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 304 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cooper Pt.
Description: When you’re craving a juicy NY steak or a succulent filet mignon, a sweet teriyaki salmon filet or a mountainous portion of delicious shrimp, at Fujiyama we use only the best ingredients for our entrées and provide a great and entertaining place to dine with family and friends. At Fujiyama, your entrées are prepared in front of you at the Hibachi grill tables. Our Hibachi chefs are experienced and know how to turn a regular night into a memorable one. Come to Fujiyama for your next special event or stop by after work to enjoy our fantastic happy hour specials. We can accommodate very large parties as well as intimate couple's settings. Our friendly and attentive staff are ready to give you an excellent dining experience.
“Expect to wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a family style seating restaurant which means you get to wait until enough people are there to fill a table, sometimes up to 45 minutes. We find it much easier to go to the bar where you can order all of the same foods but they are served to you quickly. You must try the experience at least once!

Visited April 2013

Olympia, Washington
“Fun, but food was lame”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was looking forward to a big meal with lots of vegetables, rice, and meat! Unfortunately, the guy (although very entertaining) served up the rice first (steamed rice came by itself) then served us maybe a half cup of veggies each.... then we ate what we had while we waited for the meat to cook.
Overall it's fine, but I had higher hopes going into it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Napavine, Washington
“Wonderful Entertainment but Quality Varies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have been going to the Olympia Fujiyama for years.

The Hibachi is always entertaining with the Chef cooking at a grill at your table.

Dinners range from $15 to $25

Unfortunately, the quality of the food changes with the Hibachi chef, today the grill was too hot and the eggs burnt slightly, instead of the chef recooking, he just finished the fried rice while turning the grill down.

But I will be back, even the worst food here is GREAT!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Olympia, Washington
“Never eaten dinner there, but the Happy Hour is a joke!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went to have dinner, decided to try their happy hour first, very disappointed! We were the only ones in there and the service was terrible as in slow!!! We were able to see into the restaurant area where a couple chefs were putting on "the show" as they tossed knives, etc., Personally I want to just order my dinner and eat not be shown all these cutesy cooking props. However, in all fairness, I have heard that they do serve an excellent steak. But I guess I'll never find out, the "act" they put on to serve you is too much of a turn off for me! I know a lot of people enjoy that thing, so that's good for them, just not my cup of tea...

Visited April 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Great food, terrific show of food prep but service lacking on that day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I know it was Valentine's Day and, therefore, very crowded, but I sure wish we had not had to wait over 1 hour after we got in our seats for the dinner prep to start. Our chef Christian was terrific and the food was very good. I did like the food so much, though, that we will go back on a non-holiday to get the experience without being agitated from the wait. We got the Hibatchi Dinner for 2 which was really a great deal.

• Visited February 2013