“Creative menu, downer decor” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Lacey, Washington
“Creative menu, downer decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Loved the creative, fusion menu and efficient service here...the mimosas for Sunday brunch were just a dollar--and strong. This cafe seemed like a serious drinker's delight for the younger set.
So two things about the environs: 70-80s hits playing a bit loudly in the background seemed odd, given all the tattoos and earrings sported by our young servers.?! This boomer would have preferred music more contemporary and more friendly for dining in terms of volume.
The second thing was the blank, DARK walls in a longggg, rectangular space with high, dark ceilings. I joked that it made me want to order lots of whiskey (never touch it) and kill myself.
We eat out for ambience; this spot desperately needs some feng shui & better audio mkting!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Lacey, Washington
“Food is worth the atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been eating here for quite some time, and I recommend it constantly! I have always looked past the Olympia-esque partually run down building, because hey- it's Olympia! The food will be worth it! I usually get the giant soft taco with chicken or veggies- it's the only burrito on the menu with lettuce- which I am a fan of. The BF usually gets tacos or a smothered burrito. We always get the chips, salsa and guacamole. The chips are made fresh, and so is everything else. The food is consistantly good, but the service can be a little lacking, which isn't new in the local Olympia cheap eats department.
There is also a fantastic lounge in the back. My favorite part! We go there when we want to relax in an intimate place and have fantastic mixed drinks. It is cash only, but there is an atm in the front of the building. Try any drink with kombucha in it. I seem to recall a Ginger Rogers with fresh ginger. Have it!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Olympia
“Love the food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is a real Olympia Gem. It is a little hard to find but I was guided by a friend who loves the place. The food is great and there is lots of it. Their cocktails are especially good. The atmosphere is funky and warm. This is a good place to go with hungry friends.

Visited October 2012
Olympia, Washington
“Food was not very good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was the first time we have been here and only went on a recommandation from a friend on the fish tacos. Well there was a total of six people eating in the resturant including us so I know the problem wasn't that they were slammed with orders. To start out we had guacomole and chips and when I bit into the first chip grease poured out of it and they tasted burnt. Then when we recieved our fish tacos they had grease pouring out of them. The fish was also burnt and tasted very fishy like it wad going bad. I would not recommend ordering the fish tacos or thechips. Now for the service, our waitress was great with her knowlage of the food they served but I could have used anothe napkin or two.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Its defiantly not fast food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

The burritos are delicious and the size of a small baby, but don't expect to get your food quickly. I guess that it takes time to make food food. The waitstaff was friendly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere