“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I had been hearing about how amazing this restaurant was and finally got a chance to go. It did not disappoint. I had salmon and it it was cooked to perfection. The wine, and desserts were delicious as well. Excellent service too, the staff was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu. I will be going back!

• Visited July 2014

Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent Dinner and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My wife and I were recommended Gardner's from the owners of the Swantown Inn to eat as our Wedding night dinner. We loved the atmosphere and the wait staff were very friendly and accommodating. Our glasses were never empty for long and the food was absolutely delicious. The food we ordered was hot, tasty and very well prepared. The ambiance was very personal and we were very well taken care of. We wouldn't hesitate to come back to this restaurant the next time we are in Olympia.

• Visited July 2014
Rochester, New York
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I had dinner here. The meal was excellent, the service was excellent, and they even gave us a discount because we said nathan at the Swantown Inn had sent us to the restaurant. The reason it is not a five star for me is that the tables are rather close together and it lacks the ambiance of what I consider the very best restaurants (I rarely give a 5 star rating to a restaurant). I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited July 2014
“Disappointing Anniversary Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

For our 42nd Anniversary, we decided to try Gardner's Seafood and Pasta. I was pleased when we were given a table for two that was somewhat private....separated from the noise of the dining room. While the salad was tasty with various greens, fresh peas, sunflower seeds and a garlic dressing.....the rolls warm and crusty, we were disappointed with our entrée, chicken piccata. The chicken was tender, but the sauce was pure lemon juice with a few capers. I was so disappointed considering they are a restaurant that lists pasta as a specialty. We ended up tossing the accompanying fettucine Alfredo into the sauce to balance the acid of the lemon. Dessert turned out to be the highlight of the meal......a delicious chocolate bread pudding. Because of the placement of our table, we didn't receive the same attention from the wait staff who were more occupied with the main part of the dining room. The wine list is satisfactory if you love California or Washington wines. If you prefer Italian, you might be disappointed unless you can find a stray bottle in their discount wine caddy. For us, a return visit isn't likely.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Olympia, Washington
“A little pricey, but great value for a special occassion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I celebrated my 50 somethingish birthday there last night.

Our wait was a very personable and friendly woman named Renee. The place has only 11 tables and has a very personable feel in both the ambiance and the behaviour of staff.

The food was outstanding. We started with stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. Yumm.
I had the Ciopinno (a san francisco adopted as italian soup crammed with clams prawns, scallops and salmon in a spicy tomato sauce. I have eaten this dish in many locations, and this one ties for the best. It was huge. Could not eat it all. It came with either a side of salad or pasta. I chose the pasta. Pasta was great but way too much food. It also came with a side of asparagus.

The play specialized in a wide variety of wines. I am a been drinker tho so cant speak to the wines.

If you do have a special dinner in olympia with someone special, this is your best bet.

Will definately go there again.

• Visited June 2014