“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doe Bay Resort and Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Olga
Doe Bay Resort and Retreat
Star Rte. 86 Off Pt. Lawrence Rd. Near Olga, P.O. Box 437, Olga, WA 98279   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Olga
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My Dad and I biked out to Doe Bay from the Ferry and had a truly relaxing and memorable retreat. The yurts are little dream cottages on the hillsides overlooking the San Juan Islands and the Doe Bay cafe in itself is a destination well worth the commute. The hot springs, yoga classes and entertainment add a touch of something for everyone. The property is lushly forested and the resort has taken great care to minimize its environmental impacts. The place has an aura of kindness and I have been waiting for an opportunity to come back!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a yurt or cabin either close to the bay or on the bluffs for a more secluded outing...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cody, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We heard about Doe Bay's weekly 'pizza night' and what a delightful situation it was. They cranked out the homemade pizzas (amazing), served up delicious organic locally grown salads (yum!!), and the beer and wine flowed. To top off this very fun night, the locals came with instruments in hand for open-mic night. We loved our trip to Orcas, but the evening spent at the Doe Bay Cafe was a highlight. Joyful and sweet. Thank you Doe Bay Cafe!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Doe Bay is my favorite place in the world. Best "glamping" ever!

We usually bring a tent, or stay in a yurt. Auklet is my favorite tent spot, but we've stayed at Lone Pine and Grebe, and all have great views. Neptune yurt is near the beach and Sweet Spot is really a sweet spot!

For sure, make a reservation at the cafe for dinner some night (chef's choice SERIOUSLY recommended! yum!), and if you can, go for breakfast at least once, too! Food is locally sourced (much of it grown in their garden), perfectly prepared, and can accommodate any sort of diet (gluten-free, vegan, veggie, or omni).

The community kitchen is perfect if you want to bring your own food for your stay, and they provide all the tools you need to make home-cooked meals.

The soaking tubs... Don't miss out. And don't bother bringing a bathing suit.

We brought kayaks this trip and paddled out to Pea Pod Islands, where we got to watch some baby seals sunning on rocks, which was pretty darn cute. :] They offer guided kayak tours if you don't have your own!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have been going to Doe Bay most summers for the past seven years. This is a special place. The pace is very relaxing. The bay is beautiful. The food at the Doe Bay Cafe is excellent, amongst the best I have had, specializing in local, organic, with many ingredients coming from the Doe Bay Garden. The service at Doe Bay is friendly and can, at times, earn it the nick name "Slow Bay" but that is part of the charm. We have stayed in the more historical and the more modern cabins, as well as camped on the bluff, but haven't tried the yurts (yet). I always leave Doe Bay feeling refreshed, and wishing I could stay just one night more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went here for breakfast/brunch this last weekend. The deck overlooked a very clear bay and it was beautiful weather and the view was wonderful. We first ordered the crab tacos which sounded amazing but they were out. I ordered the breakfast burrito but they were also out of that also. So we ended up getting the cinnamon french toast and the gravlox breakfast. Both were excellent, probably one of the best breakfasts I've eaten. Sercice was friendly. The little store next to the restuarant sold organic products. One of the things I like best about Doe Bay was that everything is natural, organic, and local. Very good food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This place definitely let me relax and enjoy nature while I got away from the city for a weekend with my boyfriend. We stayed in a lovely cozy cabin called Chakra. The cabin itself seemed well built and not old at all. It had a comfortable clean bed, a fully stocked kitchenette, and a tiny bathroom with a cold shower and toilet. The sink and mirror were in the kitchen. You could always find a hot shower at the soaking baths though. The baths were my favorite! So peaceful with the sounds of birds and streams...and it had a nice view of the water too.

We frequently saw deer eating in the grass by our cabin which always put a smile on my face.

The cafe there is very delicious (think local organic gourmet), however dinner service was slow...and expensive. It was over $100 for dinner for two with a few drinks. Made up for it in its deliciousness for sure!

All in all, if you want a peaceful quiet getaway then give Doe Bay a try. It's about 4 hours from Seattle via car and ferry. And since it's on the far eastern side of Orcas Island, it's a good half hour from the town of Eastsound.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

To me Doe Bay epitomizes many great things about the Pacific NW: Beautiful nature & scenery, a bit of rustic hippie charm, delicious & nourishing homegrown food, creative local music, and a down-to-earth & laid-back friendliness.

I've stayed at Doy Bay twice and both my experiences were fantastic. I just returned from my most recent visit, a 2-night weekend getaway. I stayed in Little House, which has some of the best views of any cabin on the property. The accommodations are simple but comfortable. Each day of my stay, I had lots to look forward to: Delicious fresh foods at the cafe, relaxing trips to the spa, and a massage to cap off my stay. I left feeling refreshed and restored!

Room Tip: I recommend Little House, which has some of the best views of any cabin on the property.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Doe Bay Resort and Retreat? Share your experiences!