“GROSS!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Moby Dick's

Moby Dick's
788 Point Brown Avenue NE, Ocean Shores, WA 98569 (Formerly Sandcastle Drive-In)
360-289-2777
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 45 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Rochester, Washington
“GROSS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

We used to go to the Sand Castle Drive In every time we went to Ocean Shores WA the food was great. My son and girlfriend ate there a few months ago and said it was AWFUL, and the cleanliness was sub-par. I thought they were just exaggerating. Boy they were right, it was just as they said. WHAT HAPPENED!!!! Our family will not eat there again!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Tacoma,Wa.
“The Only place 2 eat @ the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

Little dirty, little run down, little slow, but thats the ONLY place I want to eat while I'm in Ocean Shores. Only complaint can you please stay open past 7:00PM on Fridays, coming from Orting, Wa. sometimes doesnt always get me there before 7:00PM. Oh and did I say the food is great and a good value.

Kirkland, WA
“Decent little greasy spoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

Hit the Sandcastle at about 6:30 on a Saturday night and the place was packed. First thing we noticed was the overall fishy smell, but hey, it's got a menu packed with fish items so it's expected. Dining accommodations were rather meager, but it was a little drive-in and actually was what I expected.

I ordered the Sandcastle Burger which was 1/2 lb. of meat, with cheese, "special" sauce, tomatoes, pickles and lots of lettuce. Huge burger for a very reasonable price. Filling but a little too much relish in the sauce which kind of killed it for me. I'm just not a fan of really sweet relish so I can't be too upset about it. Meat was rather bland but for the price it was just fine. My wife had the clam chowder in a breadbowl. This item was misleading as there was no evidence of clams but there was evidence of salmon chunks which made the smell extremely fishy and ruined the flavor.

I'd eat there again because the prices were very fair, the service was friendly and the tables were clean. Just would ask for the burger without the sauce and my wife would probably not order the clam chowder. Overall not a bad experience at all, slightly above average so it would really garner about 3 1/2 stars in my book.

Buckley, Washington
“Best darn fish n chips this side of the pond!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

Short on atmosphere but long on food quality! This is a great little drive in with fresh fish and chips and fish burgers.
Prices were acceptable and it is definitely family friendly.
Bathroom was a bit "ick" that day, but the whole dining area was lacking in charm. Very spartan and plain.
Clean though, no question about cleanliness, just atmosphere.
I first discovered Sandcastle drive-in in 2002 and was impressed enough by the food to buy a cute little key chain fob.
When the whole family (9 people!) came back in 2006, I remembered the keychain and we ate there twice.
The 1st time the whole dining room....all 8 tables, turned quiet and they looked at us like "What the heck are you doing here?' But food-wise both times were a success.
Maybe they are not used to large families. We do get stared at a lot.
Service could be quicker, but we had no urgent place to be so, oh well.
All in all, we will be back in Sept 2007!